Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took #4456 in yesterday to have the grinding 1-2 shift and ticking sound looked at and the dealer called me today to let me know that the ticking sound is from the exhaust and that ford knows about it. I told him to call ford and get a fix for it because i am not taking the car back until it is tick free. As far as the grind is concerned they said they couldnt duplicate it just like the other dealer that i took it to. Now i have to drive my a$$ up there and take them out for a drive to show them the grind. The quality of this car is abyssmal and i told the guy that it stays there until it is tick and grind free and if they cant fix it then they are going to buy it back. ughhhh

·
Registered
586 Posts
"dealer called me today to let me know that the ticking sound is from the exhaust and that ford knows about it"

Hold your ground firm, Escrotomus. I'm so glad you're getting to the bottom of this S%*T for us. Thank you and keep us posted.

I can't wait to see the TSB.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I've got the ticking sound also on 2276. Thought it sounded like the valves on a 60s 289 'stang with headers. Puts me at ease a little.

There is another post that may be related. Here is a link to my input on that post.
http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=326&forum=9&6
Bullitt #2276
No Mods...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: donwil on 2001-10-22 00:40 ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts