Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2008 Bullitt-Highland Green
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My 2008 just started ticking on start up. it goes away after about 10-20 seconds. It does not occur when the engine is warm. Car has 54,000 miles and I don’t drive often. I live in a warm climate, Arizona.
It has been relatively cold here at night the last month or so. 30-40 degrees.

The car runs great and has no other issues.

I know there are many threads on this but wanted to be as specific as possible.

Thanks in advance for your experience.

· Registered
205 Posts
I wouldn't sweat over it. I hear it as well for about 10-20 seconds on start up when cold. I have 160K on mine and it's a canyon car driven hard. I open the valve covers couple months back and nothing stood out. opened the bottom side when new oil pan went in and saw nothing also.

· Premium Member
11 Posts
Hi All,

My 2008 just started ticking on start up. it goes away after about 10-20 seconds. It does not occur when the engine is warm. Car has 54,000 miles and I don’t drive often. I live in a warm climate, Arizona.
It has been relatively cold here at night the last month or so. 30-40 degrees.

The car runs great and has no other issues.

I know there are many threads on this but wanted to be as specific as possible.

Thanks in advance for your experience.
Mine does the same. 08 Bullitt. Ford Mechanic told me there was nothing wrong. I had him check it out when I first heard it on a cold morning. He said: "it's just the way that engine sounds." But I only notice it on cold Ohio starts. I often drive when it is below freezing. It goes away in a couple of minutes.

· Registered
957 Posts
Tough to tell when cold if I have ticking specifically since the car makes more noise in general when doing a cold startup. The one thing I would suggest is making sure to use the correct oil weight (5w20 or 5w30 in warm climate) and correct oil filter with anti drainback valve. Either the standard FL820S or the Ford Racing version.
If you haven't yet at that mileage you could also try changing your fuel filter, and maybe a decent fuel system cleaner like Redline SI-1 to help the injectors (they make some noise).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts