Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never really saw if anyone found out what that ticking sound was. You cant really hear it in mine unless you are driving it, but it drives me nuts. Would like to have it worked on but not interested in letting the dealer have it to "find the problem" Anyone find out what that was I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
After listening to Escrotumus's Bullitt I think I found where the ticking noise is coming from. I think it is the injectors making the ticking noise. I used a 12", 1/2" ratchet extension to listen to the noise. It works kind of like a stethoscope. By putting it to the bone just in front of your ear and on your cheek, you can hear and pinpoint sounds coming from within your engine. As I listened to each injector, some were quiet and you can actually hear the fuel flowing and others you could hear the ticking clear as day. If you give the engine a little gas while listening it got really loud. So for those with that problem, I'd say go back to your dealer and have them take a listen. I'm 95% sure that that is the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts