Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing my oil and thought I'd check them while it was up on the lift... Well, the driver side end makes a very small movement (more like a "click" you can feel through the tie rod than any noticeable movement), the passenger side doesn't do anything.

The question I have is what part do you all recommend to replace it with? I figure I may as well upgrade. Also, do you all concurr I may as well do both sides while I'm doing it?

Any recommended types/brands? I.e. Ford Racing (if they make one), Moog, M&M, etc. My suspension is basically stock, H&R supersport springs, caster camber plates, but other than that simple stuff, stock.

I appreciate any and all thoughts/responses. Thanks!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have 78k on my car and mine are getting dry. My suspension is totaly stock and am wondering also what I should replace them with too.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, here's what I found out from my own leg-work, thus far. I contacted Maximum Motorsport and they wrote me an email saying in their experiance, the inner tie-rod ends wear out faster, typically. I will therefore need to investigate a little further to be certain of which componet needs replaced. Does anyone know of a way to be sure?

If it is the outter end, they recommend just some type of ford or direct OEM replacement part for basically stock vehicles. He stated their adjustables are a pain because of the need for a special gauge or going to a race shop to set the bump steer up correctly.

As most of our vehicles are approaching the point where these things will start wearing out, just thought I'd share what I'm finding. I don't really want to get the ford part, but it doesn't appear there are any higher quality options (without going over to adjustables and getting the car set up for bumpsteer). If anyone has any other information, it would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts