Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby rotated the tires today and said he had to use a breaker bar to loosen some of the nuts. I thought that I read in earlier posts that some people had loose lug nuts and to check them. Or am I confused with the Cobra Forum? hummmmmm

Vicki

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Either way- anyone who uses air wrenches to tighten lugs doesn't care the torque is right. Just to keep the wheel on...

I haven't checked my Bullitt, but other cars I had were finger tight to 130lbft.

I'll check mine tonight-- all I need is to lose one of these wheels at 80mph.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't know the exact spec. on torque on wheel for my #305 but always use torque wrench on the lug nuts. Keep it from distorting the brake rotor and wheels.

·
Registered
568 Posts
After having almost lost a tire due to lug nuts coming off, I now tighten my lugs with a long ratchet & I've had problems taking them off with an air ratchet, but I figure it's better than having them loosen themselves and unscrew while I'm on the highway. Plus, it's hard for thieves to take your rims if they have trouble getting the lugs off. I think that's what saved the AR rims on my Caprice a few years ago. Too bad they hacked up the rim trying to pry the lock nut off.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Rancorkeeper,

Be careful tightening the lug nuts too much. You can warp the rotors or worse snap one of the studs off all together. As far as keeping your wheels from being stolen. Wheel locks will discourage the inexperienced thief and nothing will discourage the determined thief. It is best to tightne the lug nuts to the appropriate torque setting recommended by the manufacturer.

Eric

·
Registered
222 Posts
On 2001-08-04 08:00, OKCBULLITT wrote:
Anyone no what the troque on the lug nuts is suppose to be?

LUG NUTS TORQUED TO 100 POUNDS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts