Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to get some new wheels and I'm interested in getting your opinions. I've narrowed it down to the following 4 options. I want to get a wheel that is more "Bullittesque" than what I'm currently running. I love the deep dish replicas but I need to be different. I don't like having the same wheels as anyone else(not that there is anything wrong with that).
I will have the wheels custom built with grey painted centers. They will be 18x9 and 18x10. The choices are either the:
Boyd Coddington Smoothie II
Boyd Coddington Junk Yard Dog
American Racing Classic Torq Thrust II
American Racing Torq Thrust M

Let me know what you think...thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I tried to get the Torq-Thrust lls for a couple of years and couldn`t get them to fit at 17" because of the front brakes.
If you can figure it out or if they make them now with the proper backspace, get them, they BELONG on the Bullitt.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're correct. On the Torq Thrust II's the curvature of the spokes won't clear the calipers in 17". I plan on going with 18's anyway so it won't be a problem for me. I always loved the way the Classic Torq Thrust II's looked on StrayBullit's car.

·
Registered
816 Posts
"Bullittesque" screams Torque Thrust II!!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Can't say I'm a Boyd fan, but the Junk Yard Dog would look bada$$ painted grey on a Bullitt. I'd personally like to see it.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I have the anthracite American Racing Torq Thrust M's on my car. Nice wheels, but they are not nearly as dark as they appear in the pictures. In fact, they are just slightly darker than silver, and I don't think they are as dark as the stock wheels were on my Bullitt, but they still look very good. I got the 17x8 / 17x9 combo with 245's/275's. I couldn't get away from the torque thrust style wheels.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
1968medic said:
"Bullittesque" screams Torque Thrust II!!!!
Ditto!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, now I have it narrowed down to 2 choices. The Torq-Thrust II or the Junk Yard Dog. Coincidentally enough, I received the September issue of Mustang Enthusiast today and the cover car HAS painted center Junk Yard Dogs! They look good(I would go a little darker)but now I'm defenitely leaning towards the Torq Thrust II's. Damn. Decisions...decisions. Thanks for all your imput. Keep it comin'.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Torque Thrust = YES

1 - 18 of 18 Posts