Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With only 37,000 miles on the original tires and vehicle,these tires are crap. Noisy as hell,bumpy tread wear on the rear. Looked on Tire Rack,and everyone praises the lowly Kumo HT tire,a light truck tire with very good ride,low noise,and tread life. Any other suggestions in the 235-70-16 size?

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
My wife's 03 escape limited has continental tires from factory on it with 53k miles on them. Looks like they are good for at least 10K more. Did you have the same tire?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bullitt 40 said:
My wife's 03 escape limited has continental tires from factory on it with 53k miles on them. Looks like they are good for at least 10K more. Did you have the same tire?
Yep,same tire. After 37,000 miles they are very noisy.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I have no trust for any tire over 30,000 miles, they get hard with age and heat, and what the tread looks like means nothing to me.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
Thank you for starting this thread. Me explorer has the same tire, and I thought it was just me! Also time for new tires and was wondering what to get. I had been looking at the Mickey Thompson Baja's.

p.s. the Explorer also has the 235/70/16

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We went with the Goodyear Forterra Triple Treads. One of the best pics according to Tire Rack. Got them installed at Sears.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I have always been a fan of Goodyear tires.

·
Registered
899 Posts
When my wifes 03 Escape hit 58K with the original Continetals, we traded it in on an 07 Mariner

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
TTT

I ended up getting the Firestone Destination A/T on my explorer. THEY ROCK! I'll post up some pics tomorrow. They are quiet, more quiet than the stockers that were on there, look aggressive and ride very comfortably. They also make an LE version vice the A/T for more highway driving. They were also highly rated at tirerack.com and beat every local price including the shipping on them! I think that they came out to be $106/each (with shipping) and everyone else local wanted at least $125/tire before taxes. Just my .02

check them out here

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts