Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 8 years of reliable use it is time for new rubber for #745. It is a seasonal ride mostly street and some twisty country roads as well as the occasional road trips. Only been on the 1/4 mile a few times and not for anything serious when it is. May also be doing an upgrade on the rims as well, something in anthracite. Still have to get the boss's approval on that part of the plan. What are everyone's thoughts/suggestions?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Whatever you do for rubber I highly recomend Nitto 555's. I shopped for a long time and got alot of mixed reviews on different things like BF Good KDWS and Good Years. I heard alot of good things about the Nitto's so I went with them and have no regrets.
They have seen rain and some snow since new and have performed awesome!
If I could afford DD anthracite's it would be the 17x9's and 17x10.5's.
Make her look mean!!!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I would do the Wheel Replicas 17x9 / 17x10.5 wheels in anthracite (American Muscle has pretty decent prices and free shipping) with the 275/40/17 and 315/35/17 combo. I have no experience with Nittos so I can't offer any advice there. I have the American Racing Torq Thrust M wheels in anthracite (17x9 / 17x10.5) because the replicas were not available at that time. Love the look!

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Cam

The Nitto 555 are the real deal......i did all the research before i bought them......got-um from Discount Tire locally an i have not ben disappointed........

·
Registered
366 Posts
I went with the 18x9-18x10 bullitt replica combo with the deep dish in the rear and they look sweet.I have the Goodyear F-1 Supercar tires that i bought from Tire Rack,i think they still have them on sale.255/45/18-285/40/18 combo.Tires hook like crazy when its warm outside.This is the same tire they use on the shelby gt500,u should check them out.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the wheel spacers on the rears right now and want a wider tire but not crazy with the wide lip on the 10-10.5's. Looking at some other alternatives on the rear to get to 10.5 without the lip. I have heard the talk on the KDW's and Kuhmos. Seems the Nitto's are quite popular as well. Going to be doing some more research so keep the ideas coming. ;)

And Paul, everything is fine. I will have to get some time from mowing the grass to shoot you guys an e-mail with some new pics of Mikey. Not quite 2 1/2 and already at 3 feet tall!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Good deals on Late Model Restoration for rims/tires. Got the black bullitts and sumos for $899 - 14.99 shipping

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
chilli bullitt said:
After 8 years of reliable use it is time for new rubber for #745. It is a seasonal ride mostly street and some twisty country roads as well as the occasional road trips. Only been on the 1/4 mile a few times and not for anything serious when it is. May also be doing an upgrade on the rims as well, something in anthracite. Still have to get the boss's approval on that part of the plan. What are everyone's thoughts/suggestions?
Go to Tire Rack On-Line and you can View the wheels & Tires on the Mustang as you

try the different ones.

Also, you get them as a package and just Bolt them on.

Plus, they have charts that tell you the Correct Sizes for your Bullitt.

As well as Optional Sizes that work .......

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Pirelli's - my experience with them was excellent for daily driver use, rain performance and very good ride quality.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I like my 17" x 9's front and back. I would go with Goodyear F1 all season tires next time though. Summer performance tires suck when it gets cold outside. Tony Alonso has the F1 all season tires on his Mach 1, and he really likes them. My Kumho SPT tires don't like the cold.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Anyone had the Firestone Firehawk Wide Ovals on their car? Tires Plus is showing them 20 bucks cheaper a tire than the Rack, and they are local.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
After talking it over with the wife I think I am going to keep the stock rims for now and just get new tires. Going to do some searching on the net tonight to get some prices for factory size tires. Maybe I can spin the savings on the rims into a rear Cobra bumper cover instead!! :wink:

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
chilli bullitt said:
After talking it over with the wife I think I am going to keep the stock rims for now and just get new tires. Going to do some searching on the net tonight to get some prices for factory size tires. Maybe I can spin the savings on the rims into a rear Cobra bumper cover instead!! :wink:
Cam,

Have you checked at The Tire Rack ???

They have pretty darn good Pricing ...........

Terry

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
Bullitt4204 said:
I like my 17" x 9's front and back. I would go with Goodyear F1 all season tires next time though. Summer performance tires suck when it gets cold outside. Tony Alonso has the F1 all season tires on his Mach 1, and he really likes them. My Kumho SPT tires don't like the cold.
I agree with Rick, the Kumho SPTs don't like the cold, truly a two season tire. Although I only drive the Bullitt during the winter when it's dry outside, kind of fun with the cold temperature traction :grin:. I believe Jim5081 has the Kumho ASXs and he has been all over the U.S. with his Bullitt in most of the three season weather conditions. The thing is is that all tire companies make UHP, UHP-All Season & HP tires that will fit the Mustang; there is a tremendous choice. You can't go wrong with any products from the Michelin companies (Michelin & BFG), Pirelli and to a certain extent Goodyear (premium level). Kumho offers good performance for their price, based on feedback I've read over the last couple of years. :wink: One thing to understand, the UHP tire market has about a 2 to 4 year shelf life. Every year there is the latest new top dog tire design that's going against older tire designs. You may find a deal on a tire design that is just behind the wave.

Cam, I hope you can post more often. Sounds like your son is almost 1/2 way to his OSU starting middle linebacker height :lol:

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Nittos

I am a fan of 255/40 for size :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
In regards to tires....I bought the B with Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s and I have to say, in my opinion, they were terrible tires. Emphasis on terrible. Poor wet traction, not the best cornering traction (on the street). I also blew out two during dry winter pothole season. I switched to Kumho MXs and I love them. Also, they are half the price of the Goodyears. Two thumbs up for the Kumho MX tire.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts