Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It snowed two nights ago. I told myself that was the only sign that it was time to retire #1720 for the season. Four measly months of driving, not near enough.

Got up at 8am, rolled her out into the crisp morning air. Frost was setting on the grass, almost taunting me. The sun was coming up into a clear blue sky.

Mr. Karcher gave all 1200psi, showering away cold bubbles of car wash. Stepped inside for a coffee to warm the hands and body.
Roll on back into the garage, and let the California WaterBlade get wet once more. A light towel should wipe away the rest. One more coat of wax should do it.

Gotta have some low lustre tire foam today.

The idle up the driveway seemed almost labored. I think she knew it was almost time. A slow acceleration on the highway started the blood to flow a little easier. A Chevy 1/2 ton was an especially easy pass today.
A couple of stops in town let her splash some shine before her hibernation.

One last visit to a friend place.

"Gonna leave some tracks when you leave?"

"Hell Yeah"

Blue smoke waved goodbye as we made our way back to the highway.

One last chance to let her run.

...Grand Prix GTP

...'99 Yellow Stang GT

...Dialed-in '98 Golf

210 km/h? Better slow down.

The driveway didn't seem as inviting to our return this time. Was the spring on the garage door broken? Awful heavy.

A quick dusting to get the dirt off was mandatory. Should put the cover on her before she gets dusty.

Hanging those keys up seemed like the wrong thing to do on such a sunny day....

I cannot express just how depressed I am right now. Spring WILL NOT come fast enough in Nova Scotia.

Paul
-----------
Black #1720

·
Registered
243 Posts
Beautiful, man..... kinda brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it? :cry:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I hope I never have to feel your pain.
greetings from the sunshine state.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: amer-hp on 2001-11-17 21:14 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Anyone have a tissue for the lady? :sad: :cry: I, too, have put Bullette away for the winter months. I just think that in the spring it will be kindof like getting a new car all over again, tho!!! :smile:

·
Registered
509 Posts
I feel for ya man! At least on a cold, crisp dry, winter day I can take Bullitt out to breathe some of that crisp,cold and dense air.

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-17 21:13, amer-hp wrote:
I hope I never have to feel your pain.
greetings from the sunshine state.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: amer-hp on 2001-11-17 21:14 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I 2nd that!!

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Getting cold here also. Actually turned the heater on the other day, probably would not had to if I did not have the windows down. Yup winter is here, I might even have to break out a long sleeve shirt or two.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think you can still keep the love affair going with your Bullitt by starting her up in the winter just to hear that marvelously tuned exhaust!

Know I will!

Tom Glowka
Bullitt #663

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: glowka98 on 2001-11-18 12:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: glowka98 on 2001-11-18 12:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: glowka98 on 2001-11-18 12:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
360 Posts
#2832 will go into storage this coming week-off site so I will miss it even more :cry: But like Vicki said, come March it will be like getting a new car all over again.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
here's a GREAT example of why we ask you to put at least a state if not a city on your "profile"
rpmdds...your post is awesome but it would mean more if we knew where you lived???
other members who lived close could empathize, etc, etc

we are not coming to your homes, just would be cool to know where everyone lived!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think all of you inclement weather folks are lucky. You get to tuck your Bullitts away for the winter. Poor Dennis and I will have to continue driving ours during all the 70-80 degree days.... doing burnouts on Christmas and New Years Eve.... Cruising day and night.... It's just not fair!! :razz: :razz: :razz:

·
Registered
320 Posts
:sad: It snowed today... 28 degrees...#5355 DHG is undercover for the winter. It seams like just yesterday I was driving....wait... I was, it 65 and awesome out. Now it's just a memory, for the next 5-6 months. I feel your pain...... :sad:

·
Registered
410 Posts
1554 Is going to get A Zaino shine and then a nap for the winter :sad: :cry:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts