Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I've owned my bullitt (Oct 2007) the brakes have always squealed. Not only when I apply the brakes, but also when just riding along...they constantly squeal. My neighbor took off my rear right tire and took the caliper off and found that it didn't want to release. My uncle suggested that sometimes, it's the plastic brake lines where they're supposed to suck the brake fluid back up to tell the caliper to release, but don't. My pads are not worn bad -- a little uneven, and my rotors are just a little glazed so I don't know what else to do.

What should I replace while I'm doing this...I will be paying a mechanic probably to do this. Looking at atleast some new pads, stangsuspension cross drilled and slotted rotors, and SS brake lines.

Also, does anyone know how much I'm looking to pay with the suggestions?

Thanks,
Austin

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mus408 said:
Check the calipers,and make sure they move back and forth,a little. They should be free to move.
That's the problem, they don't move much at all. That's why I didn't know if maybe something was wrong with my brake lines where it wouldn't take the fluid back up allowing the caliper to release. Or if it my calipers?

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Just asking, Did he have the proper tool to retract the caliper? The Caliper requires a tool to not only apply pressure but turn the piston back in. It will not just press back in with pressure only

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
Just asking, Did he have the proper tool to retract the caliper? The Caliper requires a tool to not only apply pressure but turn the piston back in. It will not just press back in with pressure only
Not that I can remember...I just thought that I remembered him pulling them off of the rotor, but maybe not

1 - 5 of 5 Posts