Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out for a ride on my Harley Nightrain today. Since I got the Bullitt I've been neglecting the bike. I had to take care of some business and I decided to take the scoot.When I got back to my bike, there was a little ole lady sitting in the passenger seat of a small car parked next to my bike. As I started to unlock the bike the little darlin looks at me and says"nice bike sonny". I almost fell off the damn scoot. I don't exactly look like the type of guy that little ole ladies want to talk to(very,very long grey hair and moustache,way too many tattoos,250lbs, old beat up black leather jacket and a three day growth of beard)So after I regained my composure, we talked about bikes for a while. I told her to have a nice day and left the parking lot with a big sh*t eatin grin on my face. Boy times have sure changed in the good ole USA. God Bless America. BlackBullitt#1768

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'd have to agree with you there. I am 30 years old, hair down to my a$$, and am accepted basically,without prejudice, where-ever I go. This is not the way it has always been for me though. Ten years ago, I felt like people would not even give me the benefit of the doubt, that I might be a decent human being.

Now I work in the "professional" world. I travel from office building to office building providing technical support for digital copiers, printers, scanners, and the like. I am totally accepted where-ever I go. And have no problem with people pre-judging me.

I live in California, which is known to be pretty "laid back". I hope the rest of the country is starting to loosen up.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,045 Posts
Ya know, back in the 60's and 70's you were a freak or hippie if you were a guy and had "long" hair! You didn't get hired for a job or let alone go for a job interview with longer hair. Times have sure changed buddies!

BTW I prefer the long, grey haired, unshaven biker dudes myself! I married one! :lol: :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-10-22 22:10 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
I bet that granny would have jumped at the chance if you'd offered a ride...I know my 92 yr old 4 foot nothing great granny would have...course that was in Calif...proverbial Pasadena little ol lady....tis true...Calif does lead the USA...I miss being there.

And Vicki...I bet Wild Bills hair wasn't grey before he met you!! :lol:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Buddy of mine rode over today on his brand new SoftTail. Awesome.

He hadn't seen my Bullitt yet. I was in the garage putting the final touches on it with the orbital polisher.

So I said, "Hey, I bet we both paid about the same (around $25K.), but I got FOUR wheels! Who got the better deal?" He laughed.

His new bike is awesome, especially with the Vance Hines pipes. He was really into the Bullitt and agreed that it rumbles with the best of 'em!

I must admit that it's enjoyable to pull up next to a row of bikers and have that Bullitt presence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts