Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does tinting and alarm count as a mod?...LOL Well..my baby is at the alarm/tint shop and I miss her already. Had to drive my wife's friggin T/A home...errr Totally different feel. I wonder if I can beat it...:eek:) Well...got about 5-6 hours to kill...time for some lunch

DarkJedi67

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
I think I will start with some cosmetics. Nothing major, and probably all interior. I like the looks of the Aluminum Billet pieces (I really wish someone would come out with a gauge insert that puts brushed aluminum rings around the gauges, like on the prototype).

For now I just want to drive it. :smile:

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-18 19:40, Bullittoid wrote:
I think I will start with some cosmetics. Nothing major, and probably all interior. I like the looks of the Aluminum Billet pieces (I really wish someone would come out with a gauge insert that puts brushed aluminum rings around the gauges, like on the prototype).

For now I just want to drive it. :smile:

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh yeah... and I am saving up for a Turbo kit. Not sure I will end up doing it, but thinking about it... 8-D

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I just slapped in a K&N when I changed my oil at 552miles. I'm getting the alarm put in on the 29th and am looking at getting the aluminum bits for the interior.. Switches, Climate control knobs, E-brake handle.
I'm probably gonna check out removing the air silencer and see about getting the intake polished inside and out.. But that'll probably wait until teh winter when the baby will be sleeping for most of it.

Blakwing

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-19 23:09, Blakwing wrote:
I just slapped in a K&N when I changed my oil at 552miles. I'm getting the alarm put in on the 29th and am looking at getting the aluminum bits for the interior.. Switches, Climate control knobs, E-brake handle.
I'm probably gonna check out removing the air silencer and see about getting the intake polished inside and out.. But that'll probably wait until teh winter when the baby will be sleeping for most of it.

Blakwing

Blakwing,

can you post the websites for the aluminum bits you are getting for the interior? The interior is nice, but could be nicer I think. :smile:

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
I'm going to start with tint and maybe the sequential tail lights. Also a K&N. I finally turned 300 miles yesterday. Would have more if it wasn't raining all the damn time!!!
Cam

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok this is probably a stupid question but what are sequential taillights? is there a web site that shows them

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
For inquiring minds.. click..
ask and ye shall recieve

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-06-05 17:43 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-06-05 17:44 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
I have connected with a guy that has a graphics/tint shop. We have designed a subtle eyebrow with the same font as the door sills and the build number. Also going to incorporate a "speeding bullet" with the build number on it for the rear quarter windows. Will post the pictures after it is complete at Bullitt Proof. Probably take about three weeks, this guy is a REAL busy man.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Could you ask that graphics guy what the font name is? I have been searching for the Bullitt font with no luck. Have found a couple that are close, but not quite exact...

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Dave,
We did not find an exact match. PrintMaster has a font called Brando. All of the letters in "BULLITT" except the "B" are so extremely close that we are using them. He freehanded the minor changes to the "B". Since the only thing that we actually have on the car in this font is "BULLITT", using the numbers from the PrintMaster font will work out perfectly. This guy was going to just trace the letters on the sill plate and then enlarge them, but I found this font, so that is what we are going with.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
On 2001-06-07 21:15, SteveBullitt wrote:
Dave,
We did not find an exact match. PrintMaster has a font called Brando. All of the letters in "BULLITT" except the "B" are so extremely close that we are using them. He freehanded the minor changes to the "B". Since the only thing that we actually have on the car in this font is "BULLITT", using the numbers from the PrintMaster font will work out perfectly. This guy was going to just trace the letters on the sill plate and then enlarge them, but I found this font, so that is what we are going with.

That's what I did for this site. I started out with the font "Brando" and changed the B so t matched the Bullitt badge.

Mike

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Thanks guys. I don't have that font. Know anywhere I can get it?

DHG #0428

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dillo Dave on 2001-06-07 22:33 ]</font>

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was reading a post a while back about an alarm by the name of F400. Is this a ford alarm or an after market product. I can't remember who posted it, but I would appreciate some help on this.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
I had an Auto Page system installed in mine yesterday. It has the dual zone system. Shock sensor, trunk release, starter kill, all the usual stuff plus an intrusion microwave sensor. Had to take the car back today to have the sensitivity adjusted. Big thunderstorm last night set the alarm off twice and then it just went off once all by itself. Couldn't tell if something got to close or what.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
No answer to my question on where to get the Bullitt font, so ttt.........I'm very interested in finding the font so I can have a hat made.......

DHG #0428

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dillo Dave on 2001-06-22 23:21 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Dillo,
The name of the font that I found to get my tint graphics done is called Brando and is in Broderbund PrintMaster suite. I tried to find the specific file for this font , but was unable to. The software is relatively inexpensive to buy.

Sorry I wasn't able to help anymore than this. Hope you can find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Thanks for trying, Steve. Guess I'll just have to shell out the cash so I can have that font........

·
Registered
33 Posts
The car look's great stone cold stock, it's sleek,sinister and understated. An adult's mustang. No bell's and whistle's to clutter the statement.

·
Registered
152 Posts
SteveBullitt I really like the "speeding bullet" logo with your build number. That's something that could definitely end up on my car, any chance of reproducing it for the rest of us? For a modest fee, of course...

So far, tint and alarm are my only mods as well. Had them done at the dealership and included in the 0% financing deal. Next on my list is a Steeda Tri-Ax shifter thanks to the group purchase on this web site.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts