Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never had a car with tinted windows and I'm wondering how well they hold up after a few years (you know windows up windows down). Do they start to scratch up or degrade with time and use? I saw a Bullit the other day that had tinted windows when I was with the wife in the famliy van and it looked nice. More important the wife liked it and this makes it a lot easier to get. So, if anyone out there could tell me the Pro's and Con's I would be gratefull. Thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt4075 on 2002-01-12 21:28 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Just like anything, it may wear out, but it doesn't cost that much and your interior will thank you if it spends anytime outside :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2002-01-13 00:40 ]</font>

·
Registered
340 Posts
I had my windows tinted the first chance I could because I lived in Texas and the summers are HOT. The place I went to has a life time guarantee on the tint so if it ever peels or bubble I can get it replaced. I believe most places give the life time it might cost a little extra but not that much.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Be cautious of the darkness of tint you use. I have already been pulled over and i have legal tint on the side windows(27%)

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I went with the 3M Panther Black. 35 on the sides, 20 on the backs. It is covered by a lifetime warranty also. I paid $130.

The titanium just wasn't for me :grin:

·
Registered
630 Posts
I've got dark (3M) all around except the two sides (medium) with a 6" strip on the front. Great protection for the interior when I am at work earning the payment and great privacy at night. Keeps the light from the lifted trucks from blinding me from behind. Wish Ford would stop using the dot matrix windows. Makes the tint difficult to stick near the edges and could bubble.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
anumis,
Where did you get yours done at, what kind is it, and how much did it cost? It looks great.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I have 5% all around to include a 8" strip on the windersheild. We couldnt get it to stick to the black dots on mine so after a few tries we cut the tint right at the dot level then taped off the interior and painted the dots with gloss black. Unless you know what I did no-one knows the difference.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. I will have to find out what the state laws are here and then in the spring I think I will have it done. So those little dots are kind of hard to tint, thats another quetion I will have to ask about at the tint shop. Again thanks...

Hey Sunshine what kind of HP increase did you get from your stage 3 heads? I remember from past threads that our heads are the choke point on our engines. Did you see a good increase? How much did they cost?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt4075 on 2002-01-13 13:14 ]</font>

·
Registered
311 Posts
As for the "fade in" on the rear window--the place where I had my tinting done didn't do anything there. And while it doesn't look ideal, I sit low enough in the car and have the rear-view mirror low enough so I'm looking at the tinted area.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Sunshine what kind of HP increase did you get from your stage 3 heads? I remember from past threads that our heads are the choke point on our engines. Did you see a good increase? How much did they cost?
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

As far as hp increase, I can only tell you sotp cause I wont dyno till all my mods are done. It was crazy before, losing traction through 2nd. Now I lose traction through4th with dr's. They cost me nothing to do cause I took them to the tech school and had a friend of mine who is an instructor there do them. Theve had all the metal they can have revoved taken out, port matched, full polish, bigger valves, 5 angle valve job. I'm not good at guessing HP #s but for what they would have cost to have done I would gladly pay for the performance.

·
Registered
340 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-13 12:10, 5111 wrote:
anumis,
Where did you get yours done at, what kind is it, and how much did it cost? It looks great.

I got mine done in lewisville, I beleive the shop was called Sun Coast. I need to double check. The price was around $150 and they had it done in about 2 - 3 hours. Let me get the info and I will let you know.

·
Registered
340 Posts
On 2002-01-13 00:54, kfengler wrote:
Anumis, I like your sig... very nice!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Texas is damn HOT!

The first chance I got soon after I purchased TB #2999, I scheduled an appointment with a company here in Plano - Earmark.

Earmark is an official installer of Formula One tint. The tint has a lifetime warranty that is valid country-wide.

It's the best investment you can make.

It's the only modification I'm making to the beast.

Take care.

Trajan88
TAMU Class of '88

1 - 14 of 14 Posts