Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends...

It's been a while, but I'm back. I've been going to school in Washington, and I just finished up and accepted a job in Kirkland. 2568 stayed at home in Arizona while I was in school, however my parents have now given me the car! I am a lucky man... Anyways, it's in pretty good shape, almost 65,000 miles, runs great. Has Steeda underdrive pulleys and a short throw shifter but that's about it. A few cosmetic flaws but that happens after 65,000 miles.

ANYWAYS...it's going to take some getting used to...I've always been used to having a nice garage and space to work on it myself. In Washington though I have an apartment and she'll have to stay outside. Does anybody have tips or advice on how to keep a car like this under these conditions? How do you wash it, or who do you have wash/wax/polish it? Recommendations for the Seattle area would be great. How about any autoshops you guys have good experiences with? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
I wash/wax/polish my Bullitt myself. Something of a therapy session for me. I let everything go and concentrate on the Bullitt for about two or three hours.

This is best accomplished when my wife is at work!

I don't trust the drive thru car wash. And if someone has a recollection out there about a posting of someone's Yukon or Denali that was left to be detailed by somebody else they might post it up so you can see how much the car wash hacks like your car! HINT: They don't care!

Do it yourself. And Seattle? Get a car cover for now. Find a garage ASAP! That car will take you to and from your livelyhood, do everything you can to "keep r goin".

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
there are a few mustang clubs in the Seattle area.The biggest is Mustangs Northwest..thats a good place to start to get discounts on auto parts..
Since I have 4 mustangs one or two are always parked outside.A car cover is good but if its your daily driver you will get bored fast of the folding and unfolding a dirty wet car cover.The biggest car show in the northwest is just down the road from you at Bellevue Community college..Maybe I will see you there in mid July

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I dont know the weather there. But if it snows you will probably need good snow tires. I use that blk color magic wax on my dads lincoln and my mustang II and for a black car that stuff is awsome. The only thing, you have to wash your hands alot the wax has dye in it. Fills all little chips and scratches. cheap to.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

I'm all for washing and such myself, but my question is, and maybe this is a stupid question, how can you do this with the resources an apartment provides? Surely my neighbors won't enjoy puddles from a hose (even if I could find a faucet) twice a week in the parking lot... For example, I know in Arizona there exist places where you sort of pull into a "stall" and pay money for water and stuff. Do they have those in Seattle? This has just never been a problem for me since I've always had my parents house and garage to work in. Obviously I'm just not going to be able to keep it quite as clean as before.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I used to wash my car at my freinds and at my sisters. I finally bought a house with a good sized garage so I could play with my cars. So thats the brake down, hose mooch or home owner :lol: Either way the car stays clean!

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
bullstang said:
I used to wash my car at my freinds and at my sisters. I finally bought a house with a good sized garage so I could play with my cars. So thats the brake down, hose mooch or home owner :lol: Either way the car stays clean!
I was a hose mooch for three years in the military and a couple years after that when I lived in an apartment.:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts