Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:

Just thought I'd share a couple of tips from reading the owner's manual cover to cover during my business travels this week. I'm a noob and it's been a great help.

1. Speed sensitive radio. You can enable your radio to adjust volume based on ambient wind (or whatever) noise. Plus make it do about 100 other things. But I thought that was interesting.

2. You can recalibrate your windows if you feel like the "partway down, easy door close feature" is off. Might save a trip to the dealer.

Now if I can only find the gnome in my trunk with the jackhammer every time I let out the clutch...

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Not only can you turn on and off the volume self adjustment (I think it is based on the speedometer) you can also pick a number 1-6, 6 being the loudest level to adjust to at speed. I use it on 6, it really works well.

You may also have to re-calibrate the auto windows if you disconnect the battery, easy procedure.

I had the jackhammer in the trunk sound too, I think it's the attachment from the top of the differential to the body behind the back seat. Depending on your clutch work, acceleration and deceleration the rear axle tries to roll and the (for lack of knowing what it's really called) the stabilizer bar prevents the axle from rotating too far forward or back.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
NickChildress said:
Now if I can only find the gnome in my trunk with the jackhammer every time I let out the clutch...
You sure that's not your trunk monkey rolling around because you are driving too aggressively???

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
It really is amazing what can be learned by reading the manual cover to cover. I am a member on a couple of other Mustang sites, and occasionally, there are threads that people swear they have found hidden treasures, only to find out they could have used them long ago...i.e.....

Secret Cup Holder depth adjustment...

On 05's, what are those straps for on the side of the seat??

On early build (mine) 05's, you can operate your window down feature with the remote....

Where is that inside trunk release?? (yeah, right)

And so on, and so on.....

Mike and Karen

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
NYStockboy said:
My 2004 Corvette has that feature on its radio.

Ken
Yeah Chevy's had this feature for years now.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Keyfob?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Dave and Julie said:
If you have two Fords, you can also program both vehicles to use the same keyfob. That way you only have to carry one.
I thought about doing that, but then I would have to remember to hit door lock when leaving home or one of my cars would be left unlocked in the driveway. It would also be a pain when opening the trunk, I would have to close the one I didn't want in. On the good side, when I accidently hit the alarm button my neighbors would hear both horns. :lol:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I read the manual about the tire pressure sensors,but manual doesn`t have much info. Just wondering if you have a 5th full size tire as a spare with a sensor in the truck what does the computer see. Does that 5th sensor have to be programed and does the computer tell you what tire is losting pressure.

·
Registered
495 Posts
It won't see the sensor because it will not be awakened by rotating. There's really no reason to have one in your spare tire since spare tires are for temporary use generally. You can just ignore the warning message while you limp home.

I hate TPMS.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Dave and Julie said:
My Ranger doesn't have a trunk, and I park both cars in the garage. Maybe that is why it works well for me. If you leave a car outside then it's probably too risky.
What year is your Ranger? I'd love to do similar with my 08 B and my 01 Exploder Sport Trac but I suspect the difference in age is too great for me to assume that the electronics were compatible.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.