Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought new Kumho Escta SPT's at the start of the summer. Since then, I took a race school, ran one track day and two slalom events. Other than that, only driven perhaps 600 miles. My tires are no longer good for the street, having worn down significantly after the second track day of lapping (But what fun it was!) My question is, I just purchased used 17" GT rims to put some track tires on for next year,so what would the more experienced members recommend for a track tire only(size and make)for a Bullitt with stock suspension? Does anyone do slalom events? If so would you suggest something different for this vs road race track events?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
In my opinion, a good 'bang for the buck' tire would be Kumho VictoRacer V700. They last a relatively long time, are pretty sticky, and offer decent driver feedback. They're pretty good at the road course or autox. Get them heat cycled and shaved. A step up would be the V710's. Shorter life span but more responsive. Heat cycle these. Whichever tire you buy, seriously consider one or two mounted spares to bring to the track. You might want to also consider caster/camber plates as any track tire will greatly benefit from increased negative camber and all the positive caster you can dial in. You can go back to 'street' settings in minutes. Also, rotating the tires (left front to right rear and right front to left rear) during the track weekend will promote more uniform wear and longevity especially with stock suspension spring rates and stock chassis stiffness.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts