Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My light has come on and have had no success getting it off at pressures from 32 -35 PSI. Any suggestions? I would have to presume a bad transmitter but as the Discount tires stores are closed , it may be a while.
Mike

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
Mike, the sensors in our years were mounted on a band around the center of the wheel...notorious for failure. There are replacement kits using valve stem mounted sensors that seem to be more reliable, but once installed, they need to be "programmed" by a sending unit. I plan on making the switch to these with my next tire set.

I did a little searching for you..though do check with your tire dealer since they may offer them with a better price?

https://www.americanmuscle.com/mustang-tpms-sensors.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=+mustang++tpms&utm_campaign=S+-+Wheels+-+Accessories+(M)&T5_Var1=(M)+-+TPMS+-+Generic+-+General+(BMM)&T5_Var2=search&T5_Var3=Blue&dialogtech=ppc&msclkid=5ce3a358d22f1b6fe7d8fde2edd84609&utm_content=(M) - TPMS - Generic - General (BMM)&gclid=CO7hsMXXrekCFU8Afwod9AQIyw&gclsrc=ds

·
Registered
342 Posts
visit E bay
you can buy the correct frequency, 05-09 is 1 frequency 10-14 is a different frequency and they don't work in the wrong year, stem TPMS for $100 without a reset tool. with a reset tool around $130
IMO you don't really "NEED" a tool, but it would be nice to have. any tire store and all repair shops should will have a tool. if they don't i would look into finding another shop.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Those sensor have batteries in them. These cars (and sensor batteries) are over 10 years old now and are starting to go bad.

I will admit to making a mistake on my part when I had my tires replaced. Since I had never had any issues, I told them to just leave the old sensors. Now I have a light come on every so often and the pressures are not low. I should have replace the sensors. :grumpy:

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Discount Tire is open in my neighborhood. I took the MINI there about 3 weeks ago to have a screw removed from one of the new Michelins.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much guys , I did not get my notices to these posts but thank you and I will likely replace with stem mounts.
Thanks for all the info !!!!!

Mike

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
Yeah, kind of kicking myself for not doing it when I changed tires...I've been lucky so far, but will make the switch next set.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, kind of kicking myself for not doing it when I changed tires...I've been lucky so far, but will make the switch next set.
Thanks , I will go up to Discount when I can get some free time here.
Thanks , Mike

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts