Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has rotated their tires so far that has 5,000 miles on her or more? Manual says to rotate every 5,000 miles. We have 400 more to go......

·
Registered
57 Posts
took mine in to the dealership to have the oil changed at 5K, they didnt do mine, guess i should check into this, i have about 6K miles on my now.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I have always rotated all the tires on my prior Mustangs at 6K. I get a lot more tread life than the old every 12K thought process that Ford used to recomend.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Synth Oil-change, Zaino, Rotate Tires every 4K miles. Has kept all my rides looking and running good for years.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've always done mine every other oil change and never had a problem.

·
Registered
280 Posts
We're supposed to rotate our tires? LOL. On my last Mustang ('5.0 LX 5 speed) I had to replace my rear tires at 6,000 miles. Front ones lasted 25,000 miles.

I think the only way I'm gonna get more miles out of the rear tires on my '00 GT is if I leave the Traction Control on and stop going to the drag strip.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I forgot to ask, what's the best way to thoroughly clean molten rubber off my rear fenders and inner wheel wells?

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Again.. Good ol' WD-40 will take it all off. Nothing like a spray can full or petroleum based product to cure what ails you. Just be sure to have a bucket of soapy water handy and as soon as you clean off the tar/bugs/rubber with the WD-40, wash the area really well.
I found that I could roll the big bits of rubber off with the palm of my hand after I visited the track first.
Give it a shot.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I guess thats what they call having money to " BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN""" :smile:

Thanx Havgun #1676

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Havgunwiltrav on 2001-07-30 09:21 ]</font>

·
Registered
280 Posts
Vicki,

In my case, 100% of my tire wear is from the 35 year old boy that drives my GT (me - :lol:).

Thanks for the tips on removing "the evidence of my misbehavior."

·
Registered
93 Posts
Only reason you want to rotate tires are you want all your tires to wear out evenly. But when time to buy new tire you would most likely get four tires. If you don't rotate the tires only your front will wear first and you may not have to change the rear tires, unless you do excessive burnout on them. If you don't do lots of burnout you can buy two tires for the front and not have to spend money for four tires.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Should we start a contest to see who has to replace their tires at the lowest miles?

It doesn't count if you changed to upgrade!

A can of WD-40 to the winner!

Eric

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT00208 on 2001-08-07 18:02 ]</font>

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think we have to bet on others. We have to much influence over the life of our own tires!

I need to think about my vote veeeerrry carefully!

Eric

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT00208 on 2001-08-07 18:17 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-07 18:04, Mid Life Crisis #388 wrote:
Can we bet on others?
If we can I vote on Bob and Bobby GTNASTY.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

You lose! I told the kid when I showed him the ripped up tires, he'll never sit behind the wheel of the Bullitt again until he pays for a new set if he does it again.

He's been very good since. :wink:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-22 20:10, Bullit5127 wrote:
Do you guys always get your tires balanced when you rotate them?

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

They really don't need to be rebalanced unless you lose a wheel weight.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts