Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 mustang bullitt 2226
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there with K springs setup and staggered 19" (19x10 R and 19x8.5 F)? What size tires are you using front and rear to avoid damage to wheel well? Anyone have a thought on how much Front and Rear suspension travel to allow for with the K springs?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Not sure if it helps at all, but I'm sitting a bit lower than the K springs would allow for with my coilovers and I'm running 19x9.5 wheels. In the front I have 265/40/19 and the rear 275/40/19. The only reason I went 265 was the closeout/price on the tires I got from tirerack, otherwise I probably would have gone square 275. I think more than 275 or over a certain number you may need some work or adjustment with rear control arms so they don't rub the tires. While some monster rear tires like 305s or 315s look cool I probably wouldn't go that big for the street. Its an expensive tire that at that point really only looks good and doesn't provide much better performance for street power levels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure if it helps at all, but I'm sitting a bit lower than the K springs would allow for with my coilovers and I'm running 19x9.5 wheels. In the front I have 265/40/19 and the rear 275/40/19. The only reason I went 265 was the closeout/price on the tires I got from tirerack, otherwise I probably would have gone square 275. I think more than 275 or over a certain number you may need some work or adjustment with rear control arms so they don't rub the tires. While some monster rear tires like 305s or 315s look cool I probably wouldn't go that big for the street. Its an expensive tire that at that point really only looks good and doesn't provide much better performance for street power levels.

That is helpful! With the 10 in rear wheel and 48mm offset I think I'm more at risk on clearance issues with the fender lip. (About a 1/4" between face of rim and inside edge of fender lip) Ride height on the stock wheels and 235/50-18 wheels at the fender lip is 27 3/4" Narrowed down my options on the rear to a 285/35 (11.2" wide and 26.9" tall) or a 275/35 (10.8" wide and 26.6" tall). the 285 will have sidewall out under the fender lip so I guess it just depends on if 3/4" is enough allowance for suspension travel. The 275 is shorter and so less risk. I was looking at the 275/40 as well where height is 27.7" seems like a non-starter with my new rims based on ride height with stock wheels. I'm looking to keep the gap to the fender lip to a minimum and minimal tire sticking out of the fender. I'm not sure comparing ride height on stock rims to the new rims is totally accurate way of looking at it. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well... ordered the 285/35-19 rears and 255/40-19 fronts in the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S flavor. Should have them on the car in about a week or so. Will update on fitment for anyone interested in the future. I worked with the tire store guy to size the rears. I'm still a bit concerned about width and clearance but he's saying with the offset on the wheels should be perfect fit. Will let you know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts