Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Tires Anyone?

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  BlackFink 
#1 ·
An open question, what tires does everyone use on their Bullitt?

Mine came with Geforce KDWS, and they were terrible, it shredded them in no time. I upgraded to Goodyear Eagle GT Asy ZR, and I love them, but they have been discontinued. I currently have two Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy ZR's on my rear axle, and they do push better than the GT's did, but the GT's had better side handling. That said, I have learned that the F1 Asy have also been discontinued. And my local Goodyear store couldn't help me with a viable replacement, as they didn't even know about the discontinuing until I told them.

So I want to know what you use, and how they feel to you.
Thanks

#2 ·
I have these
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+Sport+COMP-2

They are a summer only option, but have proven to be pretty great in the wet as well. I got them in the optional size for stock rims, 255/45/18.

The wear on them over the past 10,000 miles has been pretty good, with the rears wearing a bit more than the fronts (probably my fault :) ). They do make a good bit of road noise, but in my experience so far, any performance tire will.

if you need an all season option, i've heard good things about the new all season variant of the same tire
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+COMP-2+A/S

#4 ·
Since you live in Southern California, you really don't need an all season tire. You just need one that is good for dry AND wet. To get one that is good for snow also means you compromise the dry handling/traction a little. I am running Nitto 555s on mine and have no complaints, but I don't drive mine very aggressively. I can't say how they are under extreme driving or track use.

#6 ·
Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport on mine, in a 245 width.

I don't really push this car that hard in corners, but no complaints in a straight line.

They can get a little slippery on cold asphalt, so I don't drive it if the temps are in the 40's or lower.

#8 ·
Nitto's 555's i noticed the difference as soon as they were installed, 40,000 on them now and still looks good..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.