Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my bullitt a few weeks ago and, sadly, the tires already look worn...

Any suggestions on what i should get?

I want them for the street but i plan on meeting the strip a few times too so bear that in mind.

Im not trying to go all out but just throw some names out there and ill sort through what i can afford.

Price listings help tooooo:wink:

thanks!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Go to DiscountTire.com you can do a search by brand name,tire size or whether they are winter or summer tires. I have bought a set of Nittos and a set of Yokohamas from them and have had an excellent experience every time. In fact gotta get new tires this weekend and am going back to Nittos. Drag Radials on the rear this time though. Very competitive pricing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea im down in texas, and rain just blindsides us all the time...
I was looking at goodyear F1 GS-D3s but they are a little overpriced, but great for wet surfaces.

A friend told me to get some nittos and try to get the drag radials on the back.
I havnt looked online but i dont have the stock wheels, they are 18x9 fronts and 18x10s in the back.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
ah the DD wheels. yeah id still say some BFGoorich KDW2s in a 275 35or40 for the front and some KDW2s in a 285 or 295 35 for the back. the DS-G3s are a excellent tire but are a little overpriced. the BFGs are a good tire but at a decent price. you may have to call for the sizes you need instead of finding it online.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Got budget?

If your doing a budget and want to race on occassion. Try the Kumho's on the front to make up the increase in price for the DR's. Maybe that will get you where you want to go. I bought the Kumho directionalls for the B couple of months ago and they are fine in the rain. I should also say that I saved hundreds in getting the Kumho's, and they test out well in tire tests. Plus the testimonials on the Discount Tire site sold me on them. And Dee (5111) has Kumho non-directionals on the front of his Bullitt.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
I have the Goodrich G-Force KD (best dry traction)

The KDW is a compromise to make better wet traction

The KDWS is an even greater compromise for wet and snow traction (all season tire but less "stick" for dry summer driving.)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Our Bullitts have Kumho Ecsta STP's. My son's set was $600, mine was $650, as I went with the 275's on the rear. Excellent dry/wet traction, and _much_ better on the track than the Skatorbacks were.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I've been very happy with my Kumho Ecsta MX's but I don't drive my Bullitt in the rain. I've also got the best deals from TireRack.com for both street and track tires.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Another TireShoppingTip:
Go on Tirerack, and find/price your tires, and print out the sheet. Then take that to Discount, who normally matches prices. If they try to get you on Tirerack's shipping (a fair point), just point out the "no tax" difference, which pretty much negates that as a deal-breaker.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
i did just that on a set of kumho mx's. discount tire matched tirerack's price and gave me a killer deal on mounting/balancing. plus i have a garuntee through actual dealerships. the bfg's i have now could be a real pain to replace if something goes wrong. i bought them from tirerack.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Tires

I am going with the BFG-G FORCE SPORTS when i need new tires.They cost alot less than the KDW 0r KDW 2 and i dont think you can get a better quality tire for the price.Read the reviews on tire rack and you will see what i am talking about.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ive been looking around and the Goodyear F1 GS-D3s are amazing but they are right under 200 a tire at tirerack.com...
I was referred to a guy at discount who might be able to give me a nice deal on them so thats what ill hope for.

With my DD18x10s(back) and 18x9s(front) whats the biggest tire I can fit on there?
Also note my bullitt is dropped tremendously (around an 1"-2").
haha sorry for the crap starter info =/

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
aaron3536 said:
Ive been looking around and the Goodyear F1 GS-D3s are amazing but they are right under 200 a tire at tirerack.com...
I was referred to a guy at discount who might be able to give me a nice deal on them so thats what ill hope for.

With my DD18x10s(back) and 18x9s(front) whats the biggest tire I can fit on there?
Also note my bullitt is dropped tremendously (around an 1"-2").
haha sorry for the crap starter info =/

295 from what i found is the best size for a 10" wheel. you could go a little bit larger, but it should be on a larger rim. i think 275 is the biggest for a 9" rim. i'm also dropped really low, 265's on front and 295's on back. i might try 305's next time on the rear but as low as 890 sits, 265's are definitely the max on the front.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
The GS-D3 tires are on my Bullitt and I like them a bunch

1 - 20 of 24 Posts