Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of street tires would you guys recomend? i want 315/35/17's. i was looking at the nitto 555 drag radials but i dont know if i want to spend that much money on a set of tires that would last around 15000 miles. i want a decent tire but i dont want them to cost more than 200 each. what do you guys recomend? thx in advance.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Goodyear F1 D3's will be about 1100 for all 4 including the 315's you want and they are the best tire in my opinion. Not cheap, but well worth the money. Those that have them (Dee) will confirm what I just said.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I have Toyo's T1R Proxes on my Bullitt. They are excellent street tires. See my sig for the sizes.

They run about $200 each. See my sig for the tire and wheel sizes. There is little difference between the 295s and 315s to the naked eye, and the price is definitely cheaper.

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have the Goodyear F1 GSD3's in front and 315 nitto drags in back. I'm happy with the tires. If you want to save, you might try the BF Goodrigh G-force T/A KDW. I had those before the current setup, I liked them as well, and they are a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
591 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
I would be hesitant to buy DR's if you drive in the rain. I've seen a lot of stories of guys with DR's that wrecked their cars while driving in the rain.
d/r in the rain are very nerve racking...ive gotten sideways at 60 due to them. night half asleep and wet road due to previous storm...went sideways and played catch the car. if you want a 315 d/r tho m/t et street radials.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I have these They are a bit pricey, but they look good and protect the rim well. They are more of a summer time\ dry weather tire though, and for my fronts I just bought the "KDW" version to save a little $$$. The treads look identical so they look right at home.

I don't launch or beat around on these tires, but They are huge, so I'm sure they have some grip.
P.S. I copied my post from droopybullitts thread. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nitto Nt555 xtreme's are a good non-dr tire made of a hard compound so they last a while Ive got 275's up front and 285's out back not good in the traction department anything above a 2k launch smoke but in the rain they're damn good.Im going on 15k miles with them and numerous drag passes and I still have about another 4 or 5 k miles left in them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts