Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short of going thru all the archives, can someone give me info on the max tire size on stock 08 wheels? I was looking at the 285/40 on the Shelby 500. Too big?

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
The Tire Rack:

highwayman820 said:
Short of going thru all the archives, can someone give me info on the max tire size on stock 08 wheels? I was looking at the 285/40 on the Shelby 500. Too big?
The Tire Rack

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Optio...el=Mustang Bullitt&autoYear=2008&autoModClar=

Search for Tires by Vehicle Optional 18" Sizes for 2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt

Optional Tire Sizes available in 18 19 20 22 diameters
or you can select a custom size.

Description Size

Original Equipment Size 235/50-18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Optional 18" 255/45-18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Front Optional 18" 255/45-18

Rear Optional 18" 285/40-18

Select "View Best Sellers" to see the most popular tires in this size for your 2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt (based on Tire Rack's recent sales).

Select "View All" to see Tire Rack's complete selection of tires in this size.

The optional sizes listed above are found to fit most vehicles when using proper
wheels. General vehicle condition, vehicle and wheel application can affect proper tire fitment.
Optional sizes should be carefully tested on a vehicle and clearances
with the body work and suspension should be checked prior to driving on a tire.
Failure to do so can cause damage to the vehicle and/or sudden tire failure due to
tire damage caused by contact with the vehicle.

Matched tire sets for
2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt

Front: 255/45-18
Rear: 285/40-18

This Link Below:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compa...ing=Y&speed_rating=(Y)&RunFlat=All&loadRank=2

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
156 Posts
http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit

When you use this link they say the 285's are for wider rims than the 8.5" we have as stock.

Based on that the 255/45-18's seem like the only good choice to upsize.

I'm sure somebody's done it but other than that I don't know, the 285's are within the less than 3% diameter change suggested but I am not sure about the wheel width vs the tire.

What do you think, Terry?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'm going to try 275/45/18 continental sport contact 2.

After researching, those with 275/40/18 on stock bullits, I'm 99 percent sure they will fit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you stay with the 255/45/18 tires all around, your Rolling Diameter will be the same as stock OEM tires @ 27.1", so no changes needed to your speedometer. These are what I have on my '05 GT and will put on the Bullitt when they wear out. They give you a bit more grip and look great. The only thing I wish is that Ford had pushed the wheels out a bit more to line up better with the body. I do not like the idea of wheel spacers (1/2" to 3/4" max), but may consider them if I knew the long term effects on the suspension geometry.:question:

We all remember when the little Ricers had the little wheels stuck out way beyond the wheel wells...about as bad as spinning wheel covers....ugly...friend worked at a car dealer would tell them to go to where they bought the car and try to trade it there. They would not consider them in trade, even if they came back with the OEM wheels back on them. Suspension already ruined.:lol:

·
Registered
969 Posts
when i upgraded my rims to 9" in front i used a 255/45/18 tire. on the rears i have 10" rims and i used 285/40/18. both of these tire sizes are very, very close to factory specs in diameter for our bullitts (within less than .2" i believe) and should be fine.

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
BiteTheBullitt0793 said:
when i upgraded my rims to 9" in front i used a 255/45/18 tire. on the rears i have 10" rims and i used 285/40/18. both of these tire sizes are very, very close to factory specs in diameter for our bullitts (within less than .2" i believe) and should be fine.
Gerald, You got any idea what your offset is on the wheels you have?

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
CVA said:
http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit

When you use this link they say the 285's are for wider rims than the 8.5" we have as stock.

Based on that the 255/45-18's seem like the only good choice to upsize.

I'm sure somebody's done it but other than that I don't know, the 285's are within the less than 3% diameter change suggested but I am not sure about the wheel width vs the tire.

What do you think, Terry?
Chet,

Sorry about the Long Delay in my reply.

I did not get an E-Mail notice saying anyone had Posted on this Thread.

I say call THE TIRE RACK for the FACTS that is what they do !!!!!!!!!

I have used them for Yrs.

Terry (tigerhonaker)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Bob,
regretfully, i do not know the offset of my wheels. they are deep dish front and rear, and they clear the brake rotors by less than a 1/4". there is no way i could do an upgrade brake package front or rear with these wheels. i have studied the offset numbers before, and i am by no means knowledgeable enough to make any kind of reccomendations. i will look for a link or two i could share with you on this info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts