Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What were yall's initial thoughts right after the install. Was there a noticable difference between the 3.73 and the stock 3.27's? Also, what did most of yall do about the install. Local performance shops, dealers? I am strongly considering doing this, especically because the group buy is coming down to an end. Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Yes, I noticed acceleration much more pronounced (can you say "burn rubber") and redline coming on a lot quicker.
I called the two local Ford dealers first. The one put me on hold a couple times for a half hour until I gave up trying to talk with them. The other wanted to charge me $500 labor for the gears alone!
The local Differential shop that I had used before for my 1968 Fastback rebuild wouldn't touch this install because THEY didn't get the parts THEMSELVES (I ordered from fordspeed.com)...Something to do with liability.
I finally contacted the only other decent diff shop in town and they did the install plus the new alum. driveshaft in a couple hours total for $250. Not bad. It was $50 UNDER their estimate because the car was so new and clean and it made the job much easier (had 300 miles on the car at the time).

·
Registered
124 Posts
I drove my car from the dealer to Dallas Mustang to get the gears put in. So, it was hard to tell the differance. But, this is a good mod. Yesterday I dusted a Cobra until we hit around 70 mph...he looked suprised when I put a car length on him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts