Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a 2019 Bullitt the other day and all I have to say is Dam#! between the exhaust note, track mode, the shifting, rev matching, etc, the car is awesome.

If anyone hasn't, def drive one if you can.

My 01 is paid for but after driving it do I sell mine outright and trade in the 2018 Camry (daily driver) since i don't want 2 car payments. the 01 I drive 1-2x a week and it has 119k miles on it. suggestions anyone?

·
Administrator
6,185 Posts
Keep the '01, sell the Camry, buy a '19 :)

Reactions: Bullitt 736

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Sell the Camry. Buy the 19

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Not sure how people are in LV, but here in Houston people have no respect for anyone's property. The thought of parking anything but my beater 03 camry in a parking lot to get groceries or run any kind of errand is nauseating. Been bumped 3 times by people with no insurance and no speaky de english. The 01 only comes out between 6 and 8 am on a Sunday morning then is safely back in the garage.

Did I mention there is bumper to bumper traffic here and driving a stick can be brutal sometimes, even for my 31 year old legs....

Maybe sell the 01 and the camry, by a cheaper cash beater to get around town and have the 19 as your car payment, safely tucked away in the garage?

My .02! Good luck!

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keep the Camry and sell or trade the 01 on a new Bullitt.
only issue with that is 2 car payments...

it's the old saying of do you want it or do you need it?

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure how people are in LV, but here in Houston people have no respect for anyone's property. The thought of parking anything but my beater 03 camry in a parking lot to get groceries or run any kind of errand is nauseating. Been bumped 3 times by people with no insurance and no speaky de english. The 01 only comes out between 6 and 8 am on a Sunday morning then is safely back in the garage.

Did I mention there is bumper to bumper traffic here and driving a stick can be brutal sometimes, even for my 31 year old legs....

Maybe sell the 01 and the camry, by a cheaper cash beater to get around town and have the 19 as your car payment, safely tucked away in the garage?

My .02! Good luck!
I had my 01 at the gym back in 2010 and some JA door swiped the passenger side since it was windy. slight paint scrape and I was able to touch it up pretty good, but when I confronted the owner about it he said "I didn't realize I did that" and that was after i showed him a picture of his SUV next to mine. Point is, people have no respect out here either. I drive the B on the weekends or on Fridays to work. I don't leave it anywhere because of what I mentioned above. Thanks for your comments.

Jim

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
This seems to make the most sense. Sell the Camry (unless you are underwater on it) and use the proceeds and buy a cheap beater. At that point you can either keep or sell the 01 as suits your situation.

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Premium Member
2,662 Posts
Camrys are great cars, but they are like a great fridge, they do their job day in and day out, but there's no emotional attachment. Maybe you can find an older Toyota or Honda that would do the job and allow your Bullit habit to be fed. Should be some nice rust free cars in your neck of the desert.

·
Registered
394 Posts

My .02! Good luck!
It's the same way I think everywhere. I drive a beater everywhere as well and only take my prized vehicle out at certain times and certain days, then it's back in the garage as well. People have no respect for other's property.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here's my .02, feel free to ignore it completely.

Sell Camry & buy cheep under 4k P.O.S beater to drive around town (think old corolla).

Then do all the mods you ever dreamed of to your 2001 Bullitt including super charger. (I assume its not already SC)

OR

Buy 2019

Nice Car, Let me know if you want to see your rims.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's the same way I think everywhere. I drive a beater everywhere as well and only take my prized vehicle out at certain times and certain days, then it's back in the garage as well. People have no respect for other's property.
yeah I am the same way now. I take the B out 1-2x a week and usually in the morning during the summer while it is still cool. The good thing is I do not see alot of them around town anymore, maybe 1 or 2, but that is it. People are oblivious to another person's car these days for sure. Thought about it a Coyote swap later down the line? But if it isn't broke no sense changing anything.

the Camry V6 is a good daily driver, takes most of the bumper to bumper traffic grind. A new 2019 would be great, but not to sit in traffic with the 6-SM.

·
Registered
568 Posts
You want suggestions? Keep the Camry...It's a much better around town and errands car than any Bullitt could be.
Wrong (said politely). My '19 is a daily driver: two car seats in the back, trunk is big enough for two small bikes (one with training wheels) & all the stuff you need for a week-long trip. I've had eight bags of mulch in the trunk with room to spare, grocery runs, buying large things at Target, my giant dog fits inside comfortably, etc. etc. - it's an easy car to live with daily. UNLESS you need to put adults in the back - then the '01 is roomier, believe it or not. But get rid of the Camry. Seriously.

·
Registered
568 Posts
the Camry V6 is a good daily driver, takes most of the bumper to bumper traffic grind. A new 2019 would be great, but not to sit in traffic with the 6-SM.
I'm gonna disagree with this, too, respectfully. I sit in traffic both ways for about 40-50 minutes, five days a week. Sometimes it's going 10-12mph, sometimes it's stop & go for about 2/3 of the drive.. The '19 is a piece of cake to drive in traffic: the clutch is ridiculously soft - I have more trouble cutting warm butter - & quick lane changes are as simple as sneezing. Of all the cars I've owned, the '19 is actually my fav to drive in heavy traffic. And unless your Camry has a heated steering wheel, well, that thing sells itself.

Seriously man, get rid of the Camry.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm gonna disagree with this, too, respectfully. I sit in traffic both ways for about 40-50 minutes, five days a week. Sometimes it's going 10-12mph, sometimes it's stop & go for about 2/3 of the drive.. The '19 is a piece of cake to drive in traffic: the clutch is ridiculously soft - I have more trouble cutting warm butter - & quick lane changes are as simple as sneezing. Of all the cars I've owned, the '19 is actually my fav to drive in heavy traffic. And unless your Camry has a heated steering wheel, well, that thing sells itself.

Seriously man, get rid of the Camry.
I do agree the clutch is butter smooth...

Reactions: rancorkeeper
1 - 19 of 19 Posts