Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, ok i was thinking this through the other day (even though im trying to sell the car)

whats the best//most cost effective way to be able to hit 160??
im all stock on engine.

i was thinking a t56 swap, 3.73 rear end and novi 2000 or v2-sq, that way i wont run that lean in 5th as i would with the 3650...

i want to go about this build without having to forge the engine and without cams if possible...

any other ideas?? remember: cost effective!! it WOULD be for a road race set up also, running 18x40x265 all around.

thanks

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Find a long clear stretch of road and put the pedal to the metal.
You will reach very close to 160 if you have enough road.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
P-51 Bullitt said:
Find a long clear stretch of road and put the pedal to the metal.
You will reach very close to 160 if you have enough road.

Alan....you talking about a stock B or ur car?:wink:

:b01: = sweet

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
You need to get an 03-04 cobra decklid with the wing. On our bullitts at about 150 the rear likes to walk side to side and if you hit a bump you might lose it. The main problem is getting down force on the back and you should be good. I have experienced this at about 155 and it was not nice almost lost it.

·
Registered
879 Posts
lol i reached 145 mph in the B when it was pretty much stock. I was like where the hell is the govenor lol. I regret not maxing it out all the way but it felt pretty fast that i was going and got a lil paranoid about running into the po po so i slowed down =(

·
Registered
286 Posts
theHULK said:
You need to get an 03-04 cobra decklid with the wing. On our bullitts at about 150 the rear likes to walk side to side and if you hit a bump you might lose it. The main problem is getting down force on the back and you should be good. I have experienced this at about 155 and it was not nice almost lost it.
i hate the feeling.. i have had my bullitt at 130 and it seemed ok... my fox on the other had would walk all over... probly had something to do with the 26x11.5 et streets with 16psi in them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the problem is its not just to max it or reach a top speed, its for road racing. for instance id be taking a long sweeper at 80-90 mph and at the straight (1/4 mile) id be trying to max it, i can only hit 130 with 5th and 4.10s...
the decklid sounds like a great idea, ill definately be doing that if i find a way to hit my goal and if car doesnt sell.. WHICH I WISH IT WOULD!! ARGG market sucks!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
dg517 said:
Alan....you talking about a stock B or ur car?:wink:

:b01: = sweet
LOL!......

I was thinking about my car when it was stock.......
I got it up to 145 when it was stock and it was still pulling well, I was running outta road so I had to shut down. The front end felt a bit light as well......
But, I am sure it would have made 150+ if I had stayed on it. So, my statement of "close" to 160 I believe is accurate........

The way it is set up now (T56 & 3.73's), I am sure I can make 160 much quicker than I made the 145,.......but......I am not sure that I want to go that fast.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You could push it with a new Z06 Corvette :) Sorry I'm just a natural smart A**.
Anyway after about 120 I want some thing that flys - less traffic in the air and no cops.

·
Registered
656 Posts
You'll be very hard pressed to see 160mph on the track. You'll need at least 450-500 rwhp to do it. I make close to 425rwhp (race set-up) and the fastest I've done is 150 on Thunder Hill's front straight and 147 on Laguna Seca's front straight. You'll also need to upgrade your suspension, brakes and get track tires. Only hp and tq will get you to the 160 mark on a track. The straights aren't long enough. On the street is a different story but there are too many variables that are out of your control which makes it highly unsafe and dangerous. For a rear deck set up I would go with a 2000 Cobra R wing.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
P-51 Bullitt said:
LOL!......

I was thinking about my car when it was stock.......
I got it up to 145 when it was stock and it was still pulling well, I was running outta road so I had to shut down. The front end felt a bit light as well......
But, I am sure it would have made 150+ if I had stayed on it. So, my statement of "close" to 160 I believe is accurate........

The way it is set up now (T56 & 3.73's), I am sure I can make 160 much quicker than I made the 145,.......but......I am not sure that I want to go that fast.

Thanks for clearing that up...i have had my B to 130+ a tad.....the one thing i did notice was how the front end hugged the road...maybe the front spoiler does do some good after all......

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
I've done 148 once and 130 a few times.
A stock B would be hard pressed to reach 160mph IMHO. I think for sure a solid 150-155 is possible but you'll need some space to get there.

You could easily get to 160 with just a blower though, running stock gears, and stock tranny.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well again its not a matter of getting it up to that speed...
#1 no way in hell would i take a mustang to 160 on any road in SOCAL... thats a death wish.
#2 i wanted to get it there with a reasonable amount of road...say 2 miles?

maybe i should scrap the racing idea, ill find a z06, get in front (HAHAHHA) and let him push me up to speed ;)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I know you said its not a matter of getting there but this is for the guys with the stock Bullitt. My last 5055 hit 150 mph in 5th gear at 4000 RPM and wouldn't go any faster. Maybe its electonicly limited, I don't know. I seemed to get there pretty quick but 4000 RPM in 5th is all it had... 150 on the nose :surprised

1 - 14 of 14 Posts