Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really had no intention of going to the track tonight. After all, I ran a 13.99 Wednesday, track conditions have sucked everytime, and the dew was so heavy, it was like a mist. But I decided to go.

First run the Nittos actually bogged, running a 14.04. I had no idea it would do any better. The second run it spun pretty hard, but as I mentioned before, with the Nittos on,the car actually moves while spinning. Although the launch was completely different, both netted 2.05 60'. I finally managed an 8.99 1/8 and ran a 13.94 @ 99.83.

1,169 Posts
Your doing better! When you get the Nitto's to really hook you'll be surprised!! 13.7's!!!

By the way I put 17psi in my Nitto's what are you running?

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had them at 20 psi.

They finally prepped the track last night, but not until after both of my runs :sad: They let it get so bad, that the last round of Pro cars were unable to do anything. I watched the first 8 cars on slicks get completely lose. They finally stopped for about 10 minutes to clean up the mess and do a little prep out to the tree. So all in all, I am very satisfied with a 2.05 60' on Nittos. I really like em.

By the way, there was a rare mineral grey Bullitt at the track :grin: That was my first look at a fake. All it had was the gas door and a Bullitt emblem. I wasn't particularly offended myself. Kind of flattering actually. Probably didn't hurt that she was a pretty good looking blonde :razz: I was in line to race her, but the guy I have raced several times in the 96 Cobra Vert wanted to run again, which was fine by me.

1,169 Posts
Blondes in fake Bullitts is Ok with me. :-B

Bring your PSI down to 17 and launch at 3800 to 4000. If you hook it may be a 13.7's run.Just make sure your car is cool. Good Luck.

(Best ET to date 13.73 my Bullitt is stock other then Nitto DR's)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2001-11-10 14:54 ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts