Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my h-pipe last week, and I really like it. I had the two pipes welded together at a local exhaust shop (he did it for free - pretty cool guy). He said he didn't think I have any exhaust leaks. My question is, only under hard acceleration I hear a noise other than the normal exhaust noise. I don't think its pinging, but I could be wrong. Could the H pipe cause my car to ping? I'm going to try premium next (the noise is still there with 89 octane). I did not have this noise before I put the H pipe on. Maybe this normal w/ the MAC H pipe? I really dont know how to describe the noise. Its not really a hiss. It sounds like its coming from the h pipe area.

2001 DHG Bullitt GT #903
Mac O/R H Pipe, FRP Aluminum Driveshaft, Densecharger, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, 35mm H&R Wheel Spacers, MGW stuff, FR500 Steering Wheel, ATS Sequential Tail Lights

69 Mustang 302 Convertible

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrSteed on 2001-11-18 23:34 ]</font>

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I noticed that also. What it seems to be is a resonant effect,like what you hear with headers installed. It is that tinny sound from the larger 2 1/2 inch pipe without the converters. I ran my car at the track,after the install,and it ran the same as before,with a bit more wheel spin. What I can't understand is,people see an increase on the dyno with the H-pipe mod,but some tuners say it will lose power without a chip tune. I didn't seem to lose anything,it seems to rev up quicker. Maybe a chip would give a few more HP with it. Who knows?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts