Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
pylonracer said:
2nd gear is wearing out it looks like a ? mark anyone else wear theres out?
No, Frank, but I'm tryin'!:lol:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
pylonracer said:
If you're referring to the #2 on the shifter, yes the bottom half of mine is gone too. I thought it was from friction caused by a sock I had placed over it to keep from freezing/frying my hand on the shifter. Maybe I was wrong about that.....

·
Registered
778 Posts
MustangLynda said:
If you're referring to the #2 on the shifter, yes the bottom half of mine is gone too. I thought it was from friction caused by a sock I had placed over it to keep from freezing/frying my hand on the shifter. Maybe I was wrong about that.....
Easy now

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
pylonracer said:

Mine is OK so far. You can buy a spare shifter ball on Ebay. I have been thinking about starting a spare part collection.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My Bullitt is my only car and I have had it now for over a year. With over 18k miles I have had absolutely no issues at all. Performance is actually better than when I took possession since it is nicely broken-in and I am so familiar with it now. No tranny or clutch problems but it could just be me, I had a MAZDA 626 for 11 years and never had to replace a clutch or have any tranny problems in 168k miles. I tend to downshift to slow down to save wear and tear on the brakes and because I just love the rumble of the torque as the car slows, what an awesome sound!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I went in for an oil change and when my car came back, the 2 was gone. They ordered me a new one and its the 2010 version.

I like it better. The old knob had oxidation on it anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts