Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting for the dealer fix a few things on my car that was wrong. First the drivers front seat fold lever, the little plastic thing, came off. Another while looking at the eng compartment i noticed that the battery hold down clamp was gone. Looks like they over tightened it at the factory and broke the bolt head. Ok and here is the big thing that bothered me. The right rear caliper was leaking. It wasn't leaking from the line but looked like from the piston.

Took the car to them at 8 am and guess what they said they didn't have time or the people to look at it today. I called them at 5pm to hear that. So here i am with out my Bullitt having to drive the old beast, 68 stang, to work tonight. Hopefully they can find the time in their busy schedule to fix these minor things. O by the way this was the third time i brought them the car. The other two times they said they didn't have time do fix it that day and come back on another day. :mad: O joy to work i go, i love the graveyard shift.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,024 Posts
Tom: We have had our Bullitt in the shop 4 times already and have made appointments on all 4. She gets right in and I get a ride home from their chauffeur.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Ain't that the damn truth!
(I think I posted this before, but you started it.)

The week after I test drove the car, the salesman called several times to say the car was still available. He asked how my wife was doing, how work's going, etc. "Do you want a soda?"... That thing...

After I bought the car, it needed detailing and a handfull if bits fixed. He said he made an appointment for me at the shop-- but when I got there, the shop said all they could do is detail the car.

I get the car-- all the did was wash it. Scratches still there and a new dent.

I called him again several times and he -never- did pick up the phone. I always had to leave a message. He was so busy with another customer when I picked up the car after the 'detail', another salesman had to get my key.

One more time-- and nothing. Another wasted afternoon. In fact the salesguy whom I made an appointment never showed up.

I called Ford's 1-800 number who suggested I call the General Manager. I did- and left a message. That afternoon, the Sales GM called and moved the bodyshop appointment up 2 weeks.

At least the Sales GM had a clue- He knew the Bullitt was a specialty car and deserved better than a 1988 Crown Vic.

I'm still frustrated and indicated so on the survey.

They'll be your pal, until it doesn't pay.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-10-03 22:11 ]</font>

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well after i got off work this morning i called them to make sure that they "had the time" to look at my car. They put me on hold for 15 mins then told me that they were working on it now.

Now its almost 4pm here and i never received a phone call about how my car was doing. So i called them to find out whats up. Of course they will need the car for ANOTHER DAY for the repairs i had them do. They had to order parts for what i brought the car in for, go figure.

The right rear caliper was leaking from the piston like i told them so they had to order that. They didn't have the battery hold down in stock so natually they had to order that too. And i knew they needed to order that plastic seat fold lever.

So needless to say I'll be driving the beast another day. Not complaining but if it rains i'm SOL. No wipers, McCreary's as street tires, rearend has a spool, and its got about 475hp to the flywheel. :grin:

Another fun day waiting on the dealership. :mad:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ford do not have best customer service, they claim they do but they don't. Some of the Ford mechanics used to work for GM and they don't really like working on Ford unless its a gravy job, like tune-up or brake job, but they defintely don't like warrenty job. so good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts