Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, with the majority of the family away till tomorrow I took #3278 into San Francisco for an early morning shoot at the Golden Gate Bridge. A nice jaunt down, actually North up 280... I pushed it to 135+++ Mph for a stretch, smooth as silk and I was in the "City" in no time! I thought I would have an optimal sunrise, but with the fires that have been burning in the Santa Cruz mountains the sunrise just wouldn't give it to me. After that was done I figured... stop at Starbucks in the Marina, maybe pass by Bimbo's 365, turn onto Chestnut to pay a visit to Taylor St... down and left on to Filbert, hit that nice little curve on the end of Larkin down to a right on Octavia (can't use Laguna, you can only turn left or right), left onto Bay and a quick right onto Marina Blvd. past the Safeway... Is this journey starting to sound familiar? Anyway Take a quick left before I hit the freeway heading toward the GG Bridge and Marin and head South to the old house on Taylor and Clay (coincidentally its #1153 Taylor, My address growing up was #1153 also!). Also as a side note, Unbeknownst to Chalmers, when he hands the Writ of Habeas Corpus to Captain Bennett at Grace Cathedral, all Chalmers had to do was walk a block down to Frank's house! Enough talking and banter! Anyway here's a tease:

If they're too big I apologize. I can resize them. I think I'll do a separate Greatest Car Chase Location Photo Shoot in another Thread... Two more teases:

Yes that's opposing views turning onto Taylor St. coming up Broadway St.! Here is a link to my Flickr album http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/Cheers!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,290 Posts
Thanks for sharing some of your SF pics with us! Brings back 06 Bullitt Nats memories. :smile: Too bad there wasn't a sunrise that morning. :frown:

I took this shot from Taylor Street in 06:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Great quality shots.......Thanks for posting and sharing.......

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Niceeeeeeeeeeeee

Jason,

Nope Pics are not to Large.

Well there not to large if you have a 24" HP Monitor. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking very good indeed.

Thanks for sharing the sights. :wink:

Terry

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,301 Posts
Super cool pics! Thanks! Desktop material. Heck, POSTCARD MATERIAL!

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Vicki, Nice..............

Hi Vicki,

Nice 2006 Pic there.

Say that looks just like a Dodge Charger :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

And it Looks like a What ??? Close on the Chargers Tail ???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Terry

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the nice comments. Vicki that is a very cool pic and wish I was on hand to see it.

Considering that the sun wasn't out to play in the morning (I wanted those deep purples, oranges, yellows, etc...) and I mainly used just a Canon Powershot 850si along with my trusty old Powershot G5, no tripod and no assistant I was pretty satisfied with this LAST MINUTE jaunt into San Francisco. It also helped that the streets were pretty much deserted. There was this guy driving rather spirited up Taylor in a red S-197 GT when I was taking the Broadway to Taylor shot... it appeared that he was on his own Bullitt chase! He didn't stop to chat though. As I was leaving Fort Point (That's the area on the South end of The GG Bridge where I took the first shots) a gentleman with a Southern drawl, walking with his wife, approached me and said "Is that the Bullitt? I've read about it but never saw one yet...". It was refreshing to hear that and do a quick "show" of her.

I had a great time, a real blast! And I recommend this journey to any Bullitthead as to being as close to the pinnacle of ownership of these Beauties... you just have to bring her(your Bullitt) there to experience it! I know I didn't hit all the points of the chase, but I wanted to get the most "scenic" while I had the time. Guadalupe Canyon may be a more difficult shot to capture depending on traffic, but we'll see...

Thanks again for the nice comments, Cheers!:smile:
AND IF YOU'RE EVER IN SAN FRANCISCO, I KNOW A PLACE WHERE WE CAN DO LAUNCH!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Very sweet pics, thank you for sharing.

I'd do LAUNCH with you if I'm ever out that way

·
Registered
54 Posts
i am thinking coast to coast road trip and back,
now,
how do i rationalize it to wifey-poo
nice

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing them! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I totally respect what you did. :cool:

My sister lives a few hours North of San Francisco. It means driving across the country, I hope to do what you did some day. :smile:

Steve

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just decided to unscrew the plate... figured that since I don't have my personalized plates yet, and after taking a few shots with the Serramonte Ford one, and I didn't have a JJZ 109 plate on hand, to go bare! Sides if local law enforcement were to get "INTO IT" with me, what're they gonna do? Take me down to C.J.#9 (That's SFSD's intake) to see my coworkers!:lol:

WITH AN ASS LIKE THAT WHO'D WANT TO COVER IT UP!:lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts