Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Open pipes to glasspack mufflers to side exhaust. What a ballsy car!
Beautiful sunny day, 70 degress, windows down wearing jeans and a T-shirt.
As soon as I start driving down the road two ten year old boys stop in their tracks, stare, and actually yell, "Nice ride!". Waiting at a red light I see two middle aged men gawking and pointing like two pubescent girls at the school dance.
One guy in an 80's Camaro almost went into the dirt checking the car out, and a guy in a pickup truck stared the whole time he drove by...completely ignoring his wife who was trying to carry a conversation.
Funny thing is, this happens EVERY time I drive this car. Doesn't happen much in the Bullitt. No cold engine knocking either. Sometimes makes me wonder which of the two I should keep?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Dennis,

You still have the 68 for sale? I’d a thought it would have been gone a long time ago. Maybe I ought to take out a second mortgage on the Bullitt and take it off your hands. :wink:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Dennis, I can't help staring at the older stangs either! They are a blast to drive too! Hey, maybe after that good sales pitch, someone here may want to buy her! :smile:

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Dennis,
My 73 Mach 1 also gets more looks and respect. I didn't drive him as much this year because of 1007(new toy). I can't wait to finish the 67 FB.

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Yep! I've been saying that ever since I found this site...I get a lot more stares, and thumbs up when driving the '69.
In fact, after 114 days of owning the Bullitt, I finally got my first thumbs up, and I couldn't even reciprocate. It was a guy walking in the parking lot at work, and I didn't even see him until I looked in my rear view mirror. It was almost as if he was talking to himself....like, WOW, that was a really cool car!

There's just the awe of seeing a Classic on the road!
:smile:

·
Registered
451 Posts
1) Day I was driving the car home the first time, cutie in a black acura pulls up slowly on the hwy and mouths "nice car" to me as she gives a thumbs up.

2) ~1 month later, downtown New Brunswick, NJ, I hear a guy tell his friend "See, THAT's a Bullitt" as I round a corner where they are standing.

3) I get a "nice car" from a guy in a ridiculously intimidating looking 60's Camaro while sitting at a redlight. (Wonder if that thing was a fast as it looked and sounded. Roll cage, spotless body and paint, 2.5 foot wide tires (maybe slight exaggeration), cam so lopey it sounded like it could only just barely idle)

4) Teen girl to teen guy in parking lot at 4am as I leave a 24 hour CVS: "What's that?" with tone that implies I'm driving something more exotic than she's ever seen before. (He didn't know, and I couldn't think of a non-vain seeming way to turn around and explain it.)

5) The guards at the gate to the Amphib base in Norfolk were talking about it as we passed through with my brother to check out his sub.

I'll admit that not everyone loves them as much as we do, but alot of people do "get it", even if they don't know what "it" is. :smile: I wouldn't have heard most of these if my windows weren't down and radio off almost all the time.

Joe

·
Registered
451 Posts
BTW, that wasn't meant at all to take away from the '68. If there were any legal way I could drum up the cash to buy it from you, it would be sold. :grin:

Joe

·
Registered
191 Posts
Dennis, that 1968 Fastback is a beautiful car, I have a White 1969 Mach1 that would look real good cruisin with yours. Your Bullitt looks good too, keep them both if you can. I just wish I could drive one of mine, but both are hibernating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts