Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-07 01:01, TwoStangWmn wrote:
Hubby and I took Bullete downtown for a little toolin tonight-Fri. night. Picture this: Me, 47 and my old man, 62 are driving the strip with windows down, the Mach 460 blaring John Cougar Melencamp. In the next lane over pulls up a 95 GT vert. He wants to play. He never played with a Bullitt before and probably will never again. We pulled over and talked to him later and found out he had a cam in it. He said he didn't think it was possible to get 3rd gear rubber like hubby did. He said we shirped 3rd gear real good! Proud of hubby, I am! Said he couldn't do that. He was about 20.

He was VERY impressed with Bullitt and said he had read all about it as he is an avid Mustang enthusiast. I had a real blast tonight showing off Bullette. If there was a cop there, we would have gotten a reckless driving ticket for sure! :wink:

Vicki

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Is everyone still catching rubber in third gear (except me)? :wink:

I hear the fuel pump squeal, that's it. I'm gonna start worrying about my car again. :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
No, that's the first thing I turn off when I get in the thing. :smile:

Do you guys speed shift when you catch rubber, or is it clean off-gas, clutch in, clutch out, on-gas shifts?

Mike

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
I have gotten it once, early on, when the car has like 50 miles, on a cool night drive.

I am wondering if a) its something to do with the wonkiness in the clutch/tranny I keep feeling or b) fuel pump issues (since I hear it squeal when I go from 2 to 3 "briskly").

I'm not dissing the car, I just don't want to make it worse. I wish I was a better wrench. :smile:

Mike

DHG #1161

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullittoid on 2001-07-07 13:27 ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.