Lifetime Supporting Member
40,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Marry Wife #1
2. Marry Wife #2
3. Marry Wife #3
4. Bought a Vega GT
5. Traded my '65 Mustang fastback for a '70 Mach I
6. Traded my '70 Mach I for a '71 VOLKSWAGEN?
7. Said, "I'm not going to college, I'll take my chances on the draft." (1966)

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Got a long list - but I narrowed it down to these.....

#1 Sold my first full sized Pick-up – a 1984 F150 XL regular cab short bed.
#2 Married my first wife. :scared:
#3 Bought a 1985 Dodge Aries K-Car.
#4 Quit a great job & moved a thousand miles away in ’93 – for a woman.
#5 Assuming the loan on a HUD Home in 1988 at 11% thinking I got a good deal.
#6 Sold my 1967 Barracuda! :(
#7 Didn’t marry a girl who was totally crazy about me and came from a loaded family.

·
Premium Member
18,865 Posts
1. Yesterday while riding the motel elevator alone, I floated a major air biscuit. No big deal since I was alone. Sure enough the elevator stops at an intermediate floor and this ridiculously mega hot chick gets on. DANG! She looked at me like I was a freaking freak. I wish I had not floated a major air biscuit in the elevator yesterday. You never know who may get on.

Carry on.

:doubt:

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For shame, for shame...

Cochese said:
1. Yesterday while riding the motel elevator alone, I floated a major air biscuit. No big deal since I was alone. Sure enough the elevator stops at an intermediate floor and this ridiculously mega hot chick gets on. DANG! She looked at me like I was a freaking freak. I wish I had not floated a major air biscuit in the elevator yesterday. You never know who may get on.

Carry on.

:wife::lol:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Cochese said:

Carry on.

Uh, one of those mods best suited for a Bullitt traveling 110 mph down the highway with both windows open...!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Cochese said:

Carry on.

I would have just said, "do you smell that obnoxious odor, too? Man, that guy must have been sick or something."

This thread is along the same lines, so I won't repost. http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138510

·
Registered
14,863 Posts
1 ) sold my original owner 70 boss 302 ( medium metallic gold / black interior )
in 1988 when my 'ex' decided to ''find herself''....

2 ) sold my 3rd owner 71 boss 351 ( dark green / green interior ) I was made an
offer I couldn't refuse

3 ) when we moved from nyc to texas in 1978 , I bought the 'ex' a 79 z-28 camaro
with automatic and air conditioning and traded my 74 bronco in on it

4 ) I can't say i wish i hadn't married my ex / BUT i will say I wish I hadn't
taken as much chit as i did over the last few years of marriage to her.

5 ) don't regret doing this , but do regret my kids seeing me do it...
a few years back, three ...um .... members of the middle east community
tried to jump in front of me and a bunch of other people at a line in the mall
i quite nicely pointed them in the direction of theback of the line , the loud
mouth of the the 3 commenced to telling me how there were 3 of them and one of me
and when he poked me in the chest with his finger ...... well , lets just say
things didn't go as he envisioned.... oops on them .... long story but I wish
the kids didn't see daddy go ex ''new yorker' on them ..... was not a pretty
sight to see from what I was told ( mainly the end results )

6 ) I think everyone knows i sold a pristine 69 mach-i 390 loaded 4 speed mach-1
to buy dhg 1994, I don't regret it in one sense but I wish i coudl have found
a way to keep her as well.

7 ) I wish I had been born rich instead of so good looking.... ( just kidding )

I wish I hadn't missed somone very special's funeral , but , at the time ,I
thought it was in everyone's best interest that i handle the arrangements
but no go ( screw them is what i should have said / done )

·
Registered
289 Posts
1. Told my married boss that his side girlfriend was "nothing but a stripper with a day job".
2. Painted a garage floor after skipping the all-important 'prep' stage.
3. Surfed Waimea to show the "dumb Hawaiians" what I was made of.
4. Installed my own 5th wheel hitch to save $100.
5. Matriculated to the Virginia Military Institute.
6. Crapped in a shoe box. With my name on the box.
7. Bought a car in Miami. Without air conditioning.

·
Registered
930 Posts
1. Told my last C.O. (Lt-Col) that he was 'unfit for task' while on tour in Afghanistan (posted me away from plum MoD job in London to 'Siberia' in Northern Germany with obscure armoured brigade).
2. Told Prince Andrew (yes THAT one) that he must have been gay to dump Koo Stark (got a very 'old-fashioned' look from him and a sound beating from my Sgt-Major).
3. Wrote an open letter to the Daily Telegraph (UK) in 2001 following 9-11, alleging the then Chief of the General Staff (highest-ranking Army officer) was biased towards the Parachute Regiment for not sending my Battalion to Afghanistan in the first wave of troops to deploy. The letter was read out in the Prime Minister's Press Briefing that morning and he was summoned to no 10 Downing Street to explain (I still maintain I was right, though when he met me in Iraq some time later and was introduced to me, he leaned over, smiled sweetly and said just one word to me, which rhymes with 'Hunt'...).
4. Called the current British Prime-Minister 'the next leader of the opposition' within earshot of him and his entourage during a recent visit to Iraq after he wished us all a 'jolly summer'...on the hottest day of the year so far...idiot!

(Not bad for an E-4!!!)

5. Married my Wife.
6. Letting her talk me into selling my Sierra Sapphire Cosworth 4x4...for less than half what I paid for it...they're now worth in excess of £19k in near-mint condition - which mine was...
7. Not killing my Wife and burying her out on Aldershot Military Training Area - shallow graves are SO much easier to dig when going down into a 20-year old fox-hole that's been filled in - any ex-infantry soldier will bear me out on this.

·
Registered
14,863 Posts
Arkady001 said:
1. Told my last C.O. (Lt-Col) that he was 'unfit for task' while on tour in Afghanistan (posted me away from plum MoD job in London to 'Siberia' in Northern Germany with obscure armoured brigade).
2. Told Prince Andrew (yes THAT one) that he must have been gay to dump Koo Stark (got a very 'old-fashioned' look from him and a sound beating from my Sgt-Major).
3. Wrote an open letter to the Daily Telegraph (UK) in 2001 following 9-11, alleging the then Chief of the General Staff (highest-ranking Army officer) was biased towards the Parachute Regiment for not sending my Battalion to Afghanistan in the first wave of troops to deploy. The letter was read out in the Prime Minister's Press Briefing that morning and he was summoned to no 10 Downing Street to explain (I still maintain I was right, though when he met me in Iraq some time later and was introduced to me, he leaned over, smiled sweetly and said just one word to me, which rhymes with 'Hunt'...).
4. Called the current British Prime-Minister 'the next leader of the opposition' within earshot of him and his entourage during a recent visit to Iraq after he wished us all a 'jolly summer'...on the hottest day of the year so far...idiot!

(Not bad for an E-4!!!)

5. Married my Wife.
6. Letting her talk me into selling my Sierra Sapphire Cosworth 4x4...for less than half what I paid for it...they're now worth in excess of £19k in near-mint condition - which mine was...
7. Not killing my Wife and burying her out on Aldershot Military Training Area - shallow graves are SO much easier to dig when going down into a 20-year old fox-hole that's been filled in - any ex-infantry soldier will bear me out on this.

DAMN , you have lived a boring life ...... ;-)

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
I have thought hard and long. So far, nothing...:rolleyes: :lol:

Hey...Midge:D...if ya wud stop that little guy from digging in ur sig ya might think of something:lol: :lol: :lol: ...or you cud ask Mary E....... hint...hint

:b01: =beautiful :tongue:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Cochese said:

Carry on.

Just show her those pilot wings of yours. An instant panty-dropper! :lol:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
1 Marry Wife #1
2 Marry Wife #2
3 Marry Wife #3
4 Laugh when I watched the National Draft Lottery and my number was 87
5 Not waiting for backup
6 Buy that used 1987 Jeep Cherokee
7 Selling my .45 Colt Peacemakers

·
Registered
99 Posts
#1 Married my first wife.
#2 Sold my 1963 Split Window Corvette.
#3 Sold my 1965 Mustang six cylinder convertible.
#4 Sold my 1969 Mustang Mach 1 because it needed a rear main and a new Clutch.
#5 Bought a front wheel drive car.
#6 Bought my current house.
#7 Bought a 100 shares of Enron.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,583 Posts
Wow, I notice a lot of guys wish they hadn't married a first, second, or even 3rd wife. But we got our beautiful children from them, right? :)

1. I agree on that one. I wish I wouldn't have run away with and then marry years later my 1st husband. Bad mistake... Wish I would have listened to my parents, but what did they know, right? :lol:

2. I wish I wouldn't have gone down that snow covered hill and over a jump on my sled and fractured my tail bone years ago. :eek:uch:

3. Wish I would have wore my family heirloom diamond ring on my day off one day in 1998 and not left in on my dresser instead. My husband's a$$hole drug addict son came over while I was gone and Bill had left for the garage to get something and I hadn't noticed till 3 days later that my ring was gone. He never did admit to stealing and then hocking it, but I know he did. I had it insured, but I get very upset whenever I think about my ring that had a diamond from my Grandma, one from my Mom and one of my own diamonds on it that I had made special and a gift from Bill. It was sentimental to me and I hate his son for doing that to me/us.

4. I wish I wouldn't have called in one late night that I thought I had seen a UFO. Bill never lets me forget it. :rolleyes:

5. I wish I wouldn't have told the lady that knocked at our door 1 year and a half ago that we had a descent neighborhood. She had asked how the neighborhood was as she was thinking about buying the house next door. Little did we know, she and her husband were buying it for their 2 immature sons ages 19 and 21. The 2 'boys' think that all there is to life is partying and it doesn't matter what day of the week or how loud or how many people come over and slam car doors and then pee in our yard. But that's OK. Paybacks are coming....Maybe 3RDSTANG can give us some pointers. :lol:

6.I wish I wouldn't have left my Dad's side 9 weeks ago, the night before he passed.

7. I wish I wouldn't have disagreed with Bill to have the builders build a larger garage/shop. I coulda had more Mustangs! :doubt:

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
1. Bought my 1st motorcycle.....i still suffer today from my wreck......an yes...i had a brain bucket on.

2. Sold my 55 chevy 396 rat motor race car:cry:

3. Sold my 2001 Cobra vert

4. Turned down OCS....but...that was fixed later

5. Went drag racing on I-20 before it opened to the public....good thing the officer was my cousin

6. Got into my Grandpa's home brew....talk about sick......:eek: i think i was 9......

7. Telling my Dad "I am bored".......spent the next 3 weeks trimming a hedge....never used the word "Bored" again...........:lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.