Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm watching the first one now...

1. Blazing Saddles.
2. Young Frankenstein.
3. Airplane!
4. A Night At The Opera.
5. Naked Gun.
6. Kung Pow! Enter The Fist.
7. Top Secret. (Rarely seen, don't know why.)

There are many more, so post up your favorites.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
1. Bringing Up Baby
2. Young Frankenstein
3. Its a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.
4. Arsenic and Old Lace
5. A Day At the Races
6. Michael
7. Bowfinger

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
twelve chairs
the original producers
its a mad mad mad mad world
airplane
duck soup
abbott and costello meet frankenstein
naughty nineties

·
Premium Member
8,776 Posts
texasbullitt said:
twelve chairs
the original producers
its a mad mad mad mad world
airplane
duck soup
abbott and costello meet frankenstein
naughty nineties
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World is a great movie if only because it a had, at the time, all the great comedians from the past 20+ years. Imagine a comedy film with all of the current great comics, plus all the original Saturday Night Live crew plus Steve Martin and Steven Wright. Jonathon Winters tearing up the gas station is a classic scene. Also, with limited special effects usage, the stuntman in that movie earned their pay. I'm suprised no one got killed filming that movie.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Bullitt4003 said:
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World is a great movie if only because it a had, at the time, all the great comedians from the past 20+ years. Imagine a comedy film with all of the current great comics, plus all the original Saturday Night Live crew plus Steve Martin and Steven Wright. Jonathon Winters tearing up the gas station is a classic scene. Also, with limited special effects usage, the stuntman in that movie earned their pay. I'm suprised no one got killed filming that movie.
speaking of mayhem-Blues Brothers

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,069 Posts
My #1 choice is Planes, Trains, Automobiles with John Candy. My all time favorite comedian!
#2 The Great Outdoors also with John Candy. Got a gutache when the bear got shot in
the a$$ with the lamp gun. :lol:
#3 The Jerk
#4 Cheech and Chong
#5 Caddy Shack
#6 Dumb and Dumber
#7 I can't think of the movie! Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor played in it and they went to prison for a crime they didn't commit. HILARIOUS movie! Help me out here....

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Vicky,
Re: Number 7

TwoStangWmn said:
My #1 choice is Planes, Trains, Automobiles with John Candy. My all time favorite comedian!
#2 The Great Outdoors also with John Candy. Got a gutache when the bear got shot in
the a$$ with the lamp gun. :lol:
#3 The Jerk
#4 Cheech and Chong
#5 Caddy Shack
#6 Dumb and Dumber
#7 I can't think of the movie! Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor played in it and they went to prison for a crime they didn't commit. HILARIOUS movie! Help me out here....
#7 See no Evil, hear no Evil....... Is that the one ?

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Just looked it up

See No Evil, Hear No Evil is a 1989 comedy film starring Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor, directed by Arthur Hiller.
Richard Pryor plays a blind man named Walley Karue and Gene Wilder plays a deaf man named Dave Lyons. They meet in Dave's shop, and become fast friends. When a man gets murdered at Dave's shop, where Walley now works, the two of them become the prime suspects. As they evade the police, they are also tracked by the real killers, played by Joan Severance and Kevin Spacey, who want a gold coin in their possession. Dave and Wally must be each other's eyes and ears to stop the criminals and clear their names.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,069 Posts
Yes, it was "Stir Crazy!" Loved that movie! Hilarious! Did I say it was funny? :lol: :lol:

English Bob! I dig your new sig! :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Bullitt4003 said:
Jonathon Winters' scene at the Gas Station is comedy gold.

·
Registered
565 Posts
man....you guys are old!​

Here's a list from a Generation Y'er.....​

1. Dumb and Dumber......(1994)
2. Tommy Boy ................(1995)
3. Office Space ...............(1999)
4. What About Bob ........(1991)
5. Nothing to Lose .........(1997)
6. Happy Gilmore ...........(1996)
7. Rat Race ....................(2001)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
Have you seen "Soldier In The Rain"?

I own a VHS. Funny? Yeah.

If you are a McQueen fan you say .... What????

Filmed after The Magnificent Seven, before The Great Escape.

Steve McQueen and Jackie Gleason in a comedy? What the .....?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
B-Man said:
Jonathon Winters' scene at the Gas Station is comedy gold.
I know I'd never have driven that 46 Ford (I think?) convertible down the hill like Phil Silvers did! :lol:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Throw BORAT in there...friggin' nuts.

·
Registered
77 Posts
1. Liar Liar
2. Blue Streak
3. American Pie 2
4. Wedding Crashers
5. Harold and Kumar
6. Super Troopers
7. Dukes of Hazzard

·
Registered
826 Posts
I like most of the movies mentioned above. 2 that I have not seen mentioned that would be in my top 7 are Raising Arizona and Fandango.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
i'll throw my .02 in there... in no specific order apart from numero uno.

1. ACCEPTED!
2. Tommy Boy
3. Almost Heroes - Chris Farley is king
4. Dumb and Dumber
5. Talladega Nights
6. You, Me and Dupree
7. Old School

1 - 20 of 23 Posts