Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silly question I should know the answer to. What's the top speed of the Bullitts? I've had mine up to 145 in 4th, but it felt it could do more. Just curious. tia

·
Banned
975 Posts
Sinner: I don't where you are from , but I will be in Charlotte , Lowes Motor Speedway on Labor day weekend. You can tag on to my back bumper for a ride around the track. I figure that two Bullitts drafting should pull at least 155 to 160 at the entrance to turn three.
:bullitt:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mb4875 on 2001-10-30 20:06 ]</font>

·
Registered
123 Posts
My guess is, if you had a real 145, you must have been on redline in 4th.

With Stock gears, I would bet the car won't pull that kind of speed in 5th, not without a big tow anyway. But with 3.73's....The motor should be good for 160-165 with the right gearing.

·
Registered
540 Posts
i am in utah w/ about a 3.5k elevation and i have pinned the needle before i can run faster than all the super cars around here. a lot of the cars i go hang out with (tt supra..tt rx7..nsx) have speed limiters at 140. so when we race on the interstate i always win. pretty funny when i can say my cars top speed is higher.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'll be doing my annual bonzai Christmas run to see how #66 does. Hit a long straight stretch of interstate near the house at 3AM Christmas morning.. no traffic.. :smile:

Brian

·
Registered
959 Posts
That is what I hope for at 3 in the morning.. :smile:

Brian

·
Registered
65 Posts
The other morning on the way to work a Mitsubishi 3000GT wanted to play. He cut over 3 lanes to get in front of me. When I hit fourth I caught him and started to pass when I hit fifth I was a full car length ahead. I looked at my speedo and the needle was buried at 150 mph!:eek: He never passed me but I was not pulling away tho I did stay about a car length ahead.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Try that computer thing that someone posted on Technical... or was it something else? Anyways, you can run a diagnostics test on your computer through the OD. When you run it, you'll see that the dash speedo is a little off too. But then, at the same time, it'll read after you pegged the SOB out. :smile: Maybe you'll get a true reading of how fast you were going. :smile:

·
Registered
295 Posts
My girlfreind has a 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT which I drive a lot and I've had that up to about 125. I've never had my Bullitt over 90 yet but by knowing the feel from both cars I can tell you that no way in hell would the Mistsubishi keep up or beat the Bullitt. The Bullitt has more power and torque than the 3000GT especially after you hit 3rd our Bullitts should leave the 3000GT in the dust...> :grin:

from Montvale, New Jersey

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krankiekat on 2001-11-05 02:39 ]</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts