Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Car Whisperer
21,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know the torque specs for the front wheel bearing hub assembly....the three on the back and the main nut that holds it on? thanx.

·
Car Whisperer
21,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
258 Ft lbs.????? I don't have anything that comes close to that, are you sure? thanx.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Yep, straight out of the Ford service manual. Don't get too anal about it, since it's a sealed bearing, there's no preload necessary. Just make sure it's real tight. Personally, at work, I just zip them on with my impact gun. Also, Ford recommends using a new axle nut. I bought one for mine for I think around $10 not too long ago.

·
Car Whisperer
21,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Car Whisperer
21,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I could trouble you for one more piece of info...do you know what size the nut is so that I can make sure I have it prior to taking it all apart. Thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Car Whisperer
21,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx!!!!

·
Car Whisperer
21,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the part I bought is the whole wheel hub with the bearing, lug studs and everything already put together. I had the center hub cap off before and there was not seal on it...it just pops on and off.

Not sure what you are referring to. Thanx.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I was looking in my shop manual and that was part of the instructions. Never had one apart myself so I have no idea what is there. The hub cap grease seal my be what the cap sits against. I am sure someone here will offer more info.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
The "grease seal" as Ford calls it is the cap that you take off to get to the nut. I guess that's an old name that never changed. There's no loose grease in there to seal off.:confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.