Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday me and my Bullitt got in to a little accident. It is really stupid when you think about it. I was backing out of driveway when my neighbor directly across the street was backing out and she ended making contact on the drivers side door. The good thing is that only the door was dented. I will need to replace it with a new door and get it painted.

Any local guys in the East Bay Area know of some good body shops to get the repair done at? I have had others cars in body shops and know how shotty some of the work may be.

Also wondering if Ford has certified body shops that can either get a door from the factory already painted? or whether they can do the repairs themselves?

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Mike
DHG #3463
San Ramon, CA.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Believe me when I say that I know how you feel. I just dropped mine off at a body shop today where she'll be for at least the next two weeks. Look at it this way the car is so new that the paint will match perfectly.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, that is a good point. The car is new enough that they shouldn't have any problem matching the paint. I am just hoping I can get them to do a good quality job on the door so that it lasts longer than a year before it starts fading or peeling or other crap like that.

Thanks justindal

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
hey justin,
mike will take good care of your baby trust me... I'll check with him and jimmy to make sure all is ok.. you will be happy when it is finished,,,
mark

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>

Any local guys in the East Bay Area know of some good body shops to get the repair done at? I have had others cars in body shops and know how shotty some of the work may be.
San Ramon, CA.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Whoops....didn't know what I was doing...with that last post...sory.

I wanted to answer Mike....

I had a good experience with Magnussen's Fremont Ford Body shop...
I don't know if Fremont is too far for you, but you could check them out. Their body shop is to the right and way in the back.
SO SORRY to hear about the little accident.

p.s. some of us "guys" are gals!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestion 6treva9. I bought my Bullitt at Magnussen's Fremont Ford and was considering giving them a call. I work in Fremont so it wouldn't be a big problem. By the way, my mistake on guys/gals thing, its just that man thing, anyway no offense intended.

And Kfengler, I agree that they should be able to get a good match. I just don't want them cutting corners when they do the door. You make a good suggestion on setting the expectation with the body shop.

Thanks,

Mike
DHG #3463
San Ramon, CA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts