Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Six months ago my salesman promised to "throw in" a tube of touch-up paint for my Bullitt. Should I continue to wait, or tell him to order the stuff from an outside source instead of waiting and waiting on Ford to produce? Would that be out of line? Oh, and the "source" is: http://paintscratch.com/for those of you who might be interested.

·
39,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way, the paintscratch paint for Bullitts is listed as "Dark Highland Green Clearcoat, Code PX," which adds new confusion to the "Paint Confusion" thread previously posted. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I bought some from my local dealer about two months ago.You should be able to get it at any dealer for around $10.If you need it now,Buy your own and skip the headache.

·
39,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
08 Shifter said:
I bought some from my local dealer about two months ago.You should be able to get it at any dealer for around $10.If you need it now,Buy your own and skip the headache.
That's good advice, Mark, but, tightwad that I am, I had the dealership do the touch-up that was needed on my door sill. I'm sure a heavy-footed mechanic did it (small chip) during one of my excursions to their shop, but they made it good. I could go buy my own paint, but I'm sticking to our "deal," and hoping I won't need it anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I would just call your salesman and ask him if your paint is in yet. He may have forgotten and it would be a friendly reminder, as well as a friendly way of letting him know you expect it :)

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
tightwad and you paid $4,000 over sticker :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
By the way, the paintscratch paint for Bullitts is listed as "Dark Highland Green Clearcoat, Code PX," which adds new confusion to the "Paint Confusion" thread previously posted. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Well personally, I think it clears it up. The PX paint color label confirms Ford's & Doug Gaffka's (chief designer) statements that DHG is the official Bullitt color.

·
39,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MustangLynda said:
I would just call your salesman and ask him if your paint is in yet. He may have forgotten and it would be a friendly reminder, as well as a friendly way of letting him know you expect it :)
If you knew how many times I've already made that call, you wouldn't say that.:lol:

·
Registered
417 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
If you knew how many times I've already made that call, you wouldn't say that.:lol:
:idea: Many, but certainly not all, car salesmen seem to suffer the same affliction. They are receptive to a customers needs UNTIL their commission check hits their bank. It sounds like yours has moved on to bigger and better deals. It might be time to just head over to the Ford parts dept. or FleaBay and buy some. Yea it sucks to have to pay the 10 bucks but its better than nothing. :rolleyes:

·
39,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Martimus said:
:idea: Many, but certainly not all, car salesmen seem to suffer the same affliction. They are receptive to a customers needs UNTIL their commission check hits their bank. It sounds like yours has moved on to bigger and better deals. It might be time to just head over to the Ford parts dept. or FleaBay and buy some. Yea it sucks to have to pay the 10 bucks but its better than nothing. :rolleyes:
God, sometimes the truth hurts so bad...:lol:

·
39,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rblack4405 said:
tightwad and you paid $4,000 over sticker :rolleyes:
Rub it in... go ahead, RUB IT IN! :(

·
Registered
115 Posts
My dealer (Heller Ford, El Paso, IL) sent me a little parts catalog and a bottle of touch up paint free. Was a nice touch and they gave me X Plan.

Frank

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I know what you mean but not all people have what we as a society seem to lack,Integrity!I have it,Your salesman probably has a lack of it.He could order some and have it in 10 days at the outside.

·
Premium Member
4,215 Posts
Hmm, I would first have a talk with the sales manager. My sales guy also "gave" me tube of touch-up paint (PX), but it had to be special ordered. But I got it within the week.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Scratch Fix Update:

As I just got a blank look when I asked at my Dealer about a scratch-fix pen for the Bullitt, I'd decided that I would hold-off on it 'til I really needed it.

Well, I've been looking for a fix-pen for The Wife's Sebring Convertible - it's kinda hard to find; paint code PXR. Nobody seemed to have the colour in stock - found someone willing to order it, but they couldn't get it from Dupli-Color. Finally found one today, at an Auto-Zone in Siloam Springs, AR (city where I work). None of the other area parts stores had it, nor even a place on their display for it. Dupli-Color Scratch Fix 2 in 1, Part # NGCC 427 Brilliant Black Crystal, code PXR/AXR.

So, I thought I'd look for the Bullitt, as I hadn't seen THAT one anyplace either (and had a small nick in the apex of the passenger-door edge I wanted to fix): Dupli-Color Scratch Fix 2 in 1, Part #NGFM 372 Highland Green Met., code PX.

I'm happy to report the match is exact for both colour and flake size/density - very excellent results. Only thing is, the paint is very "thin-bodied" when dry - to fill the nick required 4 applications - and it wasn't completely through to the primer. Once it was filled, you absolutely could not tell there had ever been a nick there.

I'm very happy with this product, and highly recommend it (this is not my first experience with paint, just my first with these scratch pens - until I was 9 or 10, my Dad and Uncle owned a very successful Auto-Body Shop).

Price was only $6.99 each - very reasonable if all you have is a couple of small nicks or scratches.

I looked for the Ford "PY" Dark Highland Green, but was unable to find it. I don't know if they even have it, or how different that paint is to the '08/'09 code "PX".

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
itpphoto said:
My dealer (Heller Ford, El Paso, IL) sent me a little parts catalog and a bottle of touch up paint free. Was a nice touch and they gave me X Plan.

Frank
Cool. I see 2 Bullitts on the 08 registry for El Paso as well. Went to high school with Dan Heller, might be running the dealership now. Who was your salesman?

·
Registered
969 Posts
my dealer was great. gave me 5 gallons of touch up paint, a shiatsu massage, and installed a whipple supercharger for nothing. then to top it off, they sent me and my girl to disneyland, and then flew us on over to the bahamas for a weekend. when we returned, my bullitt had been zaino'ed and the windows were tinted. hey jim, next time come on down to tennessee and buy a car. you won't be sorry! :confused: :eek:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts