Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else tried to order a bottle of touch-up paint? I have a DHG Bullitt and the paint code is 'PY'. I was told by the dealer it would be 2-3 months before it would be available. If anyone else has ordered any, have you gotten it or are you still waiting?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I went to the dealership 3 days ago and bought mine. The code on the bottle was actually PX. That had me worried at first so I painted the plastic set of valve caps just for fun and it matched just fine.
I don't know why they have PY on the door and PX on the bottle I guess the important thing is that it matches.
Hope that this helps.
Aaron #0685

·
Registered
586 Posts
685 is correct. The bottle supplied in my 'appreciation' pack said "DK HIGHLAND GREEN C ALBZ-19500-6920A PX" That's it, exactly. And, by the way, I like the valve caps painting idea. I might make that my first MOD!

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have had True Blue Touch Up on order now for 5 weeks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey Ky it just occurred to me that if you really want one now and you don't feel wierd about giving a complete stranger your mailing address I could try and pick you up a bottle and mail it to you. Its only like 6.95 so don't worry about the money. Just email me your address [email protected]

Aaron

·
Registered
94 Posts
"Appreciation Pack"...I am jealous and I do not even know what that is....what gives? :smile:

·
Registered
139 Posts
The appreciation pack is given to people (new car buyers) whose dealership is enrolled in Ford's customer appreciation program. If you do a little research on this site you will find the number someone posted it about a month ago. Sorry I can't remember where. Anyway when you get the number call it and they will tell you if your dealership is enrolled. Or you could always ask your dealership.
Good Luck
Aaron

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,030 Posts
It was me that posted the number and here it is again: 1-800-490-4060. And here is a number if you have any concerns considering the Bullitt: 1-800-933-4223

Just wondering....I had my trunk lid repainted as it got a nasty scratch. Where do they get the Py or PX code to match it with? It must be out there somewhere for the body shops to get some! They gave me a bottle of touch up paint to take home.

Vicki

·
Registered
121 Posts
2002 Explorers and 2001 Escapes come in Dark Highland Green. Yup, same exact color. Looks like it's not going to be so rare or special after all. I originally thought DHG was going to be a unique color for the Bullitt, but that is not the case. I would think any bodyshop can get it now.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Expeditions and F-150's are also available in Dark Highland Green. Yea, no other MUSTANGS will be.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for the info on the P/N of the paint you have. I called my dealer today and they didn't have a listing for it but would check into it. I've had the paint on order ever since I got the car in early May.

Thanks for the offer to send me a bottle, Aaron #0685, but the dealer owes it to me and I'll let him get it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
With regards to the T/U paint for DHG:
Since I am lucky enough to work in the parts dept. of my dealership, the actual part# for the paint is ALBZ-19500-6921A. I have the 6920 color in stock and its called Dk.Highland Green. It looks close but I'm not sure if it matches 100%. The paint book lists 6921 as the color on the Bullitt feature car only. The 6920 is used on Explorer, Expedition, Escape, and F-series. If anyone is brave enough to try the Explorer paint on their pride n joy Bullitt let me know. As of 8/18 , there is no availibilty of the correct 6921 color from Ford.:???:

·
Registered
295 Posts
When I picked up my Bullitt I inquired about a bottle of touch up paint and they said I would receive one in the mail. Does any one know about this or has any one received one in the mail. If so how long after I got the car should I expect it. It's not a big deal now because I have really no problems with the paint, I just like having it in case. Are there different #'s for black or is black the same for all the bullitts?

Frankie Black Bullitt # 2726 Montvale,NJ

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krankiekat on 2001-08-18 15:59 ]</font>

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks Much for that info...
Two more questions, Has anybody received their free touch up paint in the mail and if so how long after you bought the car did it come?
What about the Ford Customer satisfaction survey, how long did that take to come after the purchase.

Black Bullitt s/n 02627 and Frank s/n 00001 ( Production halted after that ) both from Montvale, New Jersey

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-18 12:30, MustangMan1582 wrote:
With regards to the T/U paint for DHG:
Since I am lucky enough to work in the parts dept. of my dealership, the actual part# for the paint is ALBZ-19500-6921A. I have the 6920 color in stock and its called Dk.Highland Green. It looks close but I'm not sure if it matches 100%. The paint book lists 6921 as the color on the Bullitt feature car only. The 6920 is used on Explorer, Expedition, Escape, and F-series. If anyone is brave enough to try the Explorer paint on their pride n joy Bullitt let me know. As of 8/18 , there is no availibilty of the correct 6921 color from Ford.:???:
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

After reading MustangMan1582's reply I wanted to make sure it was exactly the same color. I'm one of the lucky ones that had to have the splash guards replaced. They had to be painted - the paint looks great and exactly matches. So I called the bodyshop that painted them and asked how they got the paint. They mix it themselves! I asked him to compare the PX and PY paint codes with the way they are mixed. Sure enough, they are mixed exactly the same - so that means they are exactly the same color.

He told me how odd that was, to have two different paint codes for the same color, because they usually use the same code across all product lines. Anyway, the dealer just informed me yesterday that my touch-up paint is in. Took about a week to get.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hey guys, I work at a collision repair facility, we mix all our own paint there for all cars we repair. It's standard procedure. The day I picked up my Bullitt, it had a chip on the quarter panel, and the dealer said they'd mail me the touch up paint. That was almost 3 weeks ago and i'm still waiting. It's no big deal cause i mixed up some touch up myself. The paint code is right on the sticker in the door jamb. Bottom left - PY. Mixed it up, matches perfectly. I guess we should start a pool on who gets their touch up in first from the dealer......

·
Registered
199 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-23 23:16, Bullitt4542 wrote:
I guess we should start a pool on who gets their touch up in first from the dealer......
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
I'll lose

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought a bottle of touch up from Ford with the code PX, and it says Dark Highland Green; and it matches perfectly. Still wondering why our Bullitt's have PY code though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts