Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took it to the track, I've got 255/45/17s on the rear and everything else is stock except for a cotton filter. I couldn't launch the car for anything, I'm a newb anyhow I couldn't even break in the 14s, it was about 90 out and humid but still, is this car really that slow? Best time 15.08

Yeah sorry about the 70/17s, those are on my truck and theyre 305s, i meant 255/45/17

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
It takes practice. I was running high 14's but after a few passes started getting better. Just learning how to launch it without blowing the tires off. My best was a 14.45 and I'm also stock except for an X-pipe. With a good track prep and good weather conditions the car has potential to be a high 13 second car. Oh, and 255/70's? That's a big tire. I run 255/40/17's on mine.

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Although not a Bullitt, I watched a friend of mine drive a 93' LT1 Camaro from a mid-15 to a high-13 without anything but practice and some good weather. Have some fun and learn your car. It's the best quarter-mile time killer you have. The car has it in it, it just takes a little getting used to.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
just keep workin at it...ull get there im running 13.8x @ 101 or so very consistantly with mine...mac prochamber and steeda tri ax are the only 2 mods...my 60ft is 2.1s also

·
Registered
6 Posts
its all about seat time like some of the other guys get used to your car find a good rpm range to launch your car i personally have to launch at 2 grand because of my 4.10 i went from high thirteen to 12.8 believe it or not im close to putting a kb twin screw in the car though seat time can't hit on it enough.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
What mods do you have besides the 4.10's to get you into the 12's? Just curious since you went from high 13's and got all the way to high 12's with just the gears, or was there more to it than just the gears?

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
hyperliteCKY said:
I took it to the track, I've got 255/45/17s on the rear and everything else is stock except for a cotton filter. I couldn't launch the car for anything, I'm a newb anyhow I couldn't even break in the 14s, it was about 90 out and humid but still, is this car really that slow? Best time 15.08

Yeah sorry about the 70/17s, those are on my truck and theyre 305s, i meant 255/45/17

click on the time slips button at top of page for times.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
two words: drag radials!

well, three words: Drag Radials and Practice!

Just be careful and don't let the mod bug bite you! Seriously, after my first run down the track, I went mod-crazy. Well, not as crazy as some, but the mod bug took a chunk out of my butt!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
MustangMarkus said:
two words: drag radials!

well, three words: Drag Radials and Practice!

Just be careful and don't let the mod bug bite you! Seriously, after my first run down the track, I went mod-crazy. Well, not as crazy as some, but the mod bug took a chunk out of my butt!
thats 4 words markus...lol but yes drag radials are the way to go

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
Uh...and suspension, and tune, and a very light car! Some will argue with this, but it is rare to get into the 12's with DR's, gear and skill. But it is possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts