Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew a way to change the default setting on the TCS to disabled upon starting the vehicle instead of turning it off manually every single time. I don't know about anyone else, but I absolutely hate this system on unless it is raining or snowing out. On dry pavement, I always have it disabled.

·
Registered
289 Posts
There's a thread on this somewhere with excellent instructions that I can't find right now. Maybe try a search on the S197 forums.

I thought about it as well, but it involves removing your front dash fascia and running a jumper wire and some soldering. Bottom line, it just wasn't worth it to me when I now reflexively just turn it off when I start the car.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Get a tuner... SCT or such... they can disable it by default.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
I think it is COOL reaching toward the dash board, setting at the stop light when the Bullitt feels the need :)
Its kind of like in the 68 Bullitt movie when the bad guys in the charger put on their seat belts because they mean business.
My wife sees me reach for the dash board and she puts down her knitting :(

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
When ever anyone that has driven with me more than once sees me reach for the magic button they make sure thier head is firmly pressed against the head rest.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I always make sure I turn mine off when its dry out after I start it. I am so spontaneous to myself that I forget it is on sometimes and try to do a "spirited takeoff" only to have my TCS kick in and pull me back like I'm on a dog leash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts