Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i decided to get 04937 out since the weather hasnt been that bad. Went and filled her up and to blow the bugs out a bit. As i pulled out of the gas station, i jarred down on her a bit and as i went to grap 2nd i completely forgot about the traction control being on and it sounded and felt like crap. I very rarely forget to turn it off but i forgot that time. Will that cause considerable damage to anything? Also, has anybody else noticed that their third brake light is not flush with the trunk. Mine is bowed on the ends. Kinda like maybe the heat from the bulbs bowed it or something?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I have heard that doing a 6000 rpm clutch drop with the traction control on can cause wheels ensors to go out and cause the traction control not to work. At least that was the case with my old Bullitt and the reasoning I was given to why it didn't work. If you don't make a habit of it you should be fine. I'm not sure about the brake light, but I would assume it has to be due to heat.

·
Registered
141 Posts
It will not cause any damage, it just applies the brakes I think. My 3rd brake light is a little bowed as well, but hardly.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
is this a serious question?

as for the brake light... it's just a molded peice of plastic only having 2 bolts holding it in place. So it not being firmly held in place around the edges. With time and heat/cooling it's going to warm some. I've never really seen a perfect one on any stang
Ford had a bad design there IMHO. Should have been just a "slice" in the back edge of the trunk instead of the redicously oversized peice.

:edit
/*******
yeah, you're not going to hurt anything... if it did, they wouldn't have a traction control feature (248% useless to me though) on these fine steeds

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
Yup, 3rd brake light bowing due to UV damage. Does it look like someone took some sandpaper to it? Also due to no wing. I guess that's one use for that stupid wing...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Traction controll applies the brakes, it works the same way as anti-lock brakes(abs). Simply put, it works when you try to go fast not slow down.

·
Registered
114 Posts
MustangMarkus said:
Yup, 3rd brake light bowing due to UV damage. Does it look like someone took some sandpaper to it? Also due to no wing. I guess that's one use for that stupid wing...
Hahaha! That's for sure! I have to replace my brake light now too...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts