Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Also, there is a light on the dash that will illuminate when the system actually begins to activate (it is green, and looks like a tire spinning and spitting gravel).

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
yes the pretty green light that comes on when i take a corner too fast when i've forgetten to turn my traction control off!!! -LOL

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I've seen it in the rain a few times. My wife asks.. "What's the "Snail" light for on the dash?"..
I thought that was pretty appropriate :smile:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
LOL, thats good Blak! it DOES look like a snail

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
And after it's pulled all your timing to nothing, and your staring at that 5' truck bumper headed right for your drivers window, it sure feels like a snail about to lose it's shell......... :smile:

·
Registered
302 Posts
actually traction control retards the timing and pulses the rear brakes. has anyone noticed a difference in gas mileage with traction control off. i know it shouldn't matter in normal driving but?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Not fully knowledgeable on Trac Control, but what I read in other board forums, it applies the brakes first to slow the overly spinning wheel, and if that doesn't work fast enough, then it pulls the timing. I can speak from experience, that seems to be the way it works. Dayum thing pulled my timing in the middle of a slippery turn with a big a$$ 4X4 truck heading right for my window whilst I was trying to power out of the slide and out of the way of the truck. Scared the $hit out of me when it died in the middle of the intersection.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts