Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for the heck of it I have checked some dealers to see what they are willing to pay for a Bullitt in this current economy. The answer is $18500.00.

The new car financing rate and rebates have really hurt our resale value. I was at a neighborhood party last night with a general manager of our local ford store (he is my next door neighbor) and he explained that 0 percent fiancing on new cars hurts used cars quite a bit.

Teddy Katz Bullitt#60
www.teddykatz.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tskatz on 2001-10-20 17:07 ]</font>

·
Registered
74 Posts
i agree.
i almost traded in my dhg with a cobra becaus of the 0% financing but i backed out because the trade in value they offer is just 21,500.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Just to round out this discussion, let me say that I don't agree about the resale value of our Bullits as posted here. The following is my rationale:

a) A dealer isn't going to give a consumer retail value. They will only pay wholesale, or they can't make any profit. They want to turn around and get a few thousand profit on everything they sell, whether it's a Bullitt or a Hyundai. So your Bullitt is definately worth something more than your buyback quotes. Any dealer willing to pay more than you think will only do so on a trade, where they're going to get more profit on the sale of the other car.

b) Don't forget that there are still new Bullitts on the lots. The value of ours cannot ever rise until there are none left to sell new at the dealerships.

c) The remaining Bullitts to sell are at the low end of the demand scale. Those who really wanted Bullitts got them early on, while summer was still upon us. Sports car buyers, in general, don't wait until fall to buy. When they do, they want a super deal. That's one reason (aside from dealer inventory costs) that the price on remaining new Bullitts can be lower than ever. This diminishes the value of any pre-owned Bullitts temporarily.

d) A car is only worth what someone will pay. This can be VERY individual. If mine was totalled today, I would look hard and fast to find one to replace it. I would pay a premium, because I know it's hard to get another like it. I'll pay more when the dealers have fewer of them. But that's me. And if someone asked me to sell mine, I wouldn't want just a couple thousand MORE than I paid for it new ($25K). The amount of my heart I've poured into #2095 is worth more than that to me. Someone would have to offer me $30K or MORE to drive it out of my garage. It's just how I feel. So, the buyer's interests mean everything.

So I really feel like having a Bullitt over the last few months was only smart if you REALLY, REALLY like the car. Otherwise it would have been smarter to wait a while until now, when the demand has dropped. Covering the costs of having any car new is not the way that car investors work. A late model used car is the way to go if you want to turn it over and make money quickly. Late model used Bullitts will hold there value well to the final consumer, I'm sure.

The only other way to turn your Bullitt to gold is to moth-ball it and wait twenty years. And I'm not waiting 'till I'm six feet under to enjoy this ride!

Ask yourself, "What would someone really have to give you to get you to sell?" That's what it's really worth.

Sorry, one more P.S.: When financing rates drop, the value of your house, or car, or anything borrowed actually goes UP. Consumers know they're saving on the interest, so they're willing to spend a little more on the item. That raises it's value. For example: When housing loan rates are higher, the sale price of the houses actually drops, because consumers have to cover the added expense of the loan interest.
DHG #2095

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTCOUPE on 2001-10-20 16:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
694 Posts
Great pictures of your car Teddy but I am curious as to how you can get away with a Police identifier on the back of the car? Here, any reference to the Police on a civilian car is strictly prohibited. (I suppose you are a member of your local Police force) Great pictures anyway.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm never and I repeat most emphatically never going to sell my Bullitt. I've been through sooooo many cars and bikes in the past 30 years.Had way too much sellers remorse! They will have to bury me in this Bullitt as I will be with 1768 until the end of time!!!! BlackBullitt#1768

·
Registered
835 Posts
It's not just Bullitt trade-in values that are hurting. I lost about $6000 worth of trade-in value from Kelley Blue Book Wholesale when we got our Expedition on Wednesday. It's a good thing I learned bartering in the Middle East, so I'm better at it than the average horse trader. I was working from the net dealer value, invoice less holdback. Even though I got a 2001 and took the rebate and standard APR, I was able to get the F&I guy to buy down the rate by pointing out that I was a repeat customer and both my vehicles would have their dealership name on them for advertising.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Police Interceptor emblem is just homage to Steve McQueen's character. This emblem which comes on all Ford Crown Vic police package cars is available through any Ford parts counter as well as www.mustangparts.com. The price is twenty dollars. I am not a police officer, I manage radio stations in my town. We now have two Bullitt's in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, me and Bamabullitt. Bamabullitt is one of Tuscaloosa's finest ( a member of the Tuscaloosa Police depmartment ) of which I am a great supporter. He has seen my car and has complimented me on the police extra's which have been installed. I also have full Wheelen police corner strobe lighting and police scanner. This is all just for show and believe me it gets attention at local events. I do not use the lightning on public roads. The scanner comes in handy because I am a part of the local media in my town and I want to know when serious news breaks.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,051 Posts
Yes, it is true Teddy.... People would look at the the back sides of all 5 cars lined up at the show and take pictures of only Bob's car as it had the badge! It was funny. They really thought it was a cop car I think! :lol:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I must admit I did steal the idea from Bob.
I thought his looked cool. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" I hope. :smile: Now if I can get him to add the police lights....

Teddy Katz Bullitt#60
www.teddykatz.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tskatz on 2001-10-21 07:02 ]</font>

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
locally they are selling for 25k now + ttl
trade value approx 22-22.5
one sold locally at auction I was told for 23.3 to a dealer from austin

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One night in jail would probably make him stop setting off the alarm and then you could have the lights. :smile:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts