Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
you will be sorry Dealers go roughly 2K under low book....and most will say sell her pvt party if you don't like it....Reason is a new Ford Dealershio even the used car department does not want cars as old as 2001 etc, Lots have used 05's....DO NOT TRADE IT IN Sell her in the paper or cheesebay

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
bullstang said:
Whats been the going rate fo an 01 Bullitt trade in In the 73000 mile range
Kelly Blue book in my area shows trade in value, good condition, 73,00 miles, only worth $8,735. Go to www.kbb.com, and put in your zip code, milage, and condition.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
That's probably why the one on CL in LA is so low. There's not that much book value to a "7" year old car with miles. IMHO, it is mostly individual condition driving the cars' value now.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
But I thought my 2001 Bullitt was going to be the hot ticket....just like all the write ups claimed....back in the day. Now the dealers,and others,think it's just another old green Mustang!

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Mus408 said:
But I thought my 2001 Bullitt was going to be the hot ticket....just like all the write ups claimed....back in the day. Now the dealers,and others,think it's just another old green Mustang!
Until it's theirs to sell

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I had a dealer trying to sell me an 08 GT500- $57,000CAN. The guy told me the car will be worth twice that much in 10 years. I just laughed at him. I said, I'd never buy a car as an investment, there is no way that car is going to be worth more money in 10 years.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well a early Shelby or Porsche would have worked but that would have been if it was never driven or used for what you would buy it in the first place for, Smart money would say cars are in general not investments unless your buying at a low point and the car is very odd or limited.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Mus408 said:
My take on this is, there are too many Mustang models, editions, etc. on the market, even BULLITTs to choose from. G.M. sold fewer CAMAROs/Firebirds thus when I see a Z-28, SS, Formula or WS6 used they seem to be asking more for them in my area in Calif.
Go figure supply and demand I guess. I don't like it, but I figure now this limitted edition thing with MUSTANG is just a marketing gimmik.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Bullistic said:
My take on this is, there are too many Mustang models, editions, etc. on the market, even BULLITTs to choose from. G.M. sold fewer CAMAROs/Firebirds thus when I see a Z-28, SS, Formula or WS6 used they seem to be asking more for them in my area in Calif.
Go figure supply and demand I guess. I don't like it, but I figure now this limitted edition thing with MUSTANG is just a marketing gimmik.
If it weren't for the Internet,they would have trouble moving all these Special Editions,and GT 500's for that matter. The Internet seems to hype up everything,way before it gets out to the public....great for the automotive resale business,not so for the consumer.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Yes sell it yourself. You'll get thousands more. Auto Trader charges one very low price and the ad runs until you remove it.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Don't trade it in. Sell it yourself. Take a look at Steve' Used Car Lot. Look and see the ebay ads. They get way more than what a trade in is worth. It may not be as high as we think it should be for a Bullitt, but it's more than trade in at a dealer...

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I was looking on another Mustang site,and several people were still paying in the $15,000 to 17,000 range for good clean low mile Bullitts.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The ones in AutoTrader get sold(I bought mine there) Pending your area Craigslist and E Bay work but never trade it in if you do you will get around 2 K below low book, its rare for one to sell above 15K in the Sourthern California area, but again alot are here, I see a few for 10K and under most are modded or damaged, I would still try to buy one Vs a regular GT, Regular GT's are really rock bottom and it would be a great entry level racecar or project car( A GT) But getting back to trade in's you never win. If your looking to buy the new Bullitt I would wait till they are out at dealers for 3-6 months you will not get a low S/N but you will find them (like the 2001) at list OTD or buying deals like intrest rates or other throw in's.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts