Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't posted in many moons. Been hanging around the 2005 + V-6 Mustang boards. I traded my 2002 GT last February for a 2007 V-6 Mustang Coupe with the Pony package. Got tired of the mechanical issues with the GT. A/C would never run for more than a year without having to have the compressor rebuilt. Then the rear axle bearings went out. Seat belts on both front seats quit retracting. And there's the defective cylinder heads that Ford stuck on some 4.6's made prior August 03. With the luck I have, mine would have been one with the bad heads. Got sick of being on pins and needles waiting for something to break and traded it.

I loved the GT but the new generation Stang is really sweet. Even though it's a V-6 the car is really nice and the power is surprising for a Six. The Pony package has the 17" Bullit style wheels, 235/55/17 tires, and the suspension from the GT. With the lighter front end, and the GT suspension the car handles like it's on rails. With the suspension, the extra gear in the automatic, and the 3:31 axle the car really responsive and fun to drive. It doesn't have that wonderful Mustang V-8 exhaust note but it does have it's own nice deep V-6 growl. Not ricer at all. Not a single mechanical issue at all so far. I'm really impressed with the improvement in Ford's workmanship vs that of my '02.

All that I can say is, if the '08 Bullitt is as nice as this '07 V-6, save your pennys and rush out and buy one when they come out. Of course the @%$#&* dealers will probably price gouge like they did and are doing on the Shelbys.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
GTron said:
Haven't posted in many moons. Been hanging around the 2005 + V-6 Mustang boards. I traded my 2002 GT last February for a 2007 V-6 Mustang Coupe with the Pony package. Got tired of the mechanical issues with the GT. A/C would never run for more than a year without having to have the compressor rebuilt. Then the rear axle bearings went out. Seat belts on both front seats quit retracting. And there's the defective cylinder heads that Ford stuck on some 4.6's made prior August 03. With the luck I have, mine would have been one with the bad heads. Got sick of being on pins and needles waiting for something to break and traded it.

I loved the GT but the new generation Stang is really sweet. Even though it's a V-6 the car is really nice and the power is surprising for a Six. The Pony package has the 17" Bullit style wheels, 235/55/17 tires, and the suspension from the GT. With the lighter front end, and the GT suspension the car handles like it's on rails. With the suspension, the extra gear in the automatic, and the 3:31 axle the car really responsive and fun to drive. It doesn't have that wonderful Mustang V-8 exhaust note but it does have it's own nice deep V-6 growl. Not ricer at all. Not a single mechanical issue at all so far. I'm really impressed with the improvement in Ford's workmanship vs that of my '02.

All that I can say is, if the '08 Bullitt is as nice as this '07 V-6, save your pennys and rush out and buy one when they come out. Of course the @%$#&* dealers will probably price gouge like they did and are doing on the Shelbys.
Good deal. I've always thought the sound of the Ford V-6 was nicer than others. I had one in my 01, before the Bullitt.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I've driven a couple of those at work. The Pony package is a real nice package. I'm not sure if 07 had them but the 08s have the lighted cupholders and the satellite radio. Very beefy sounding and feeling V6s though.

·
Car Whisperer
20,880 Posts
slap one of the supercharger kits on it and you won't miss the GT at all!!!

·
Administrator
6,285 Posts
Twin turbo it!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I'm thinking that there are plenty of mods for that V-6. It's been around a while in the Ranger. And of course, now it's going on three years in the Stang. Good little engine. Too bad the naysayers don't like it. I think it's pretty strong, and reliable. Which of course is what you wanted!:smile: Maybe they could do a dual exhaust version of it. Although I'm thinking that the refreshed Stang will have the twin cam 3.5L...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts