Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

401 - 420 of 513 Posts

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts
Sometimes you have to make a spacer to go behind the adjusters. Hose is good.

in my case, I did not put it behind the adjuster, but instead, under the whole headlight assembly. basically, propped it up.

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
We HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!

Saturday after working on Matt's Car i went home and had to cut the grass, and clean up my Bullitt. I did get to see Brad's 2019 when he stopped by after picking it up from a place close to me. These cars are sweet, sounded great coming down the road toward my house. It was nice to spend a little time catching up. We need to all get together for a lunch cruise sometime soon. In Lakeland so Tim, and Paul can meet up as well.

yesterday we started the install of the tremec 5 speed in the 73 roadrunner. along with this we are installing a hydraulic clutch in the car also. we mad some progress with installing the slave cylinder on the firewall where it needs to go and installing the new pilot bearing. need to get a dial indicator and measure some stuff so it will be a process. it is alot of reading and we want to make sure all is good. the Rollbar has come in for the RTR along with the rear seat delete. We are still waiting on the rails to install the TMI race seats in Pandora. TMI really dropped the ball on this one. hopefully soon they will arrive. And all of this was done while Rick was attending Mecum auction all week so guess what....

Yep there is another car added to the shop.

And i also looked at a Grey new edge that needs some work but has a V8 and a 5 speed for the mechanic.

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts
wow, lots of changes goin on over there!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #404

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts
I'm sure. that's a big inventory.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
Well finally got around to getting the foam for the drivers seat. removed the seat today and will be dropping it off tomorrow with the upholstery shop to get the seat redone. I know i said I was going to do it myself but this will be helping a friend.. here is a video of the removal.

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts
well done sir!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
Well the seat is back in and its a little more Matte finish then the stock seat but alot better on padding. there may be an issue with my helmet and getting in the car for a bit until the foam settles a little. but we will survive...

and here is another video. Next is the hood strut install. check out the you tube channel and subscribe if you want. there will be plenty of projects posted on there. such as the race seat install in Pandora and the roll bar install in the RTR with Seat delete. not to mention the roadrunner and Eleanor. Thanks again for watching.Ed

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts
Nice!!!

Reactions: edtrae03130

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
Well today went over to the shop and once again we pulled the motor out of Rachael. yup AGAIN, Rick did some measurements and we needed to install some offset dow pins for the transmission Bell housing. Rick ordered a dow removal tool and got the bottom dow out of the block. the top dow didn't want to come out. So the motor came out again. we had to drill out to old dow. it went well and I had to leave to get the Mechanic. so the new dows were installed and the center was remeasured and all is good. soon the motor will go back and and we will continue the transmission swap. one day this thorn in my side will run and drive down the road... meanwhile the UPS guy dropped off my new hood struts. so tomorrow i will be installing those and removing the prop rod. will post some pictures of that tomorrow. And maybe a video for the channel..

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts
all right...slowly getting there on Rachael!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
yes this is the picture Rick sent me yesterday...

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
Those dowel pins can be a pig. While you've got it out, is there a needle bearing upgrade for the pilot bearing on those babies?
we have the upgraded pilot bearing installing a tremec 5 speed in the car. with Hydraulic clutch

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #416
Well Last night spent a little time in the Garage working on the Bullitt. Installed the new Hood strut assembly to do away with the prop rod on the car... the install went smoothly except for the fender bolts were too short for the new bracket. so to the Parts store The Mechanic and I went. we did stop and have a little dinner on the way home and then installed the assembly. Not sure what is next on the Bullitt. I am trying to work on some things we shall see what the future holds. here are some pictures and video. If you want to see more videos on the progress of My Bullitt and all of Ricks cars ( coming Soon) please subscribe to the you tube channel. and thanks for watching.
Ed

·
Car Whisperer
20,668 Posts
Ed, did you get a hood strut assembly with "lighter" struts for you glass hood or are they the struts for the stock hood?

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #418
Ed, did you get a hood strut assembly with "lighter" struts for you glass hood or are they the struts for the stock hood?
stock ones i guess... didn't know there were options..

401 - 420 of 513 Posts