Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

461 - 480 of 515 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #461
Well the last couple of weekends have been busy at the shop. getting The Bullitt ready for Daytona. A day out at the FIRM. then more work at the shop. This saturday we installed the roll bar in the RTR. here is the video. check it out and let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Nice job. I usually silicone seal around the brackets underneath, and put a little fluid film on all the bolts. Keeps the rusties away.
That's a nice bar, looks good. If you find the cabin is boomy noisy, you can put some dyna mat on the floor under the back seat delete and on the trunk floor. (just use separate pieces on the fuel pump access plates, in case you need to get them out.
Got a hybrid Hans device yet? Or, a regular Hans if you go to harnesses? $1000 brain $1000 helmet and Hans, $10 brain......
Have fun at Daytona, coming down off the banking to the infield section has a high pucker factor.

·
Car Whisperer
20,722 Posts
nice!!!!

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
I put a Watson roll bar in BLLTT, with the FRP X-brace and back seat delete. 2 half days of measuring many times, drilling once and got it right.
Yes, with the back seat delete, the rear music does increase, but I like it.
Look at roll bar padding for any for anywhere helmet-head or arms can hit roll bar. Upper hoop, upper diagonal and horizontal bar between seats.
I put a halon fire bottle on lower diagonal with a Scott Drake mount.
Cool Tech make a great waist harness bracket that replaces the rear bolt in the front seat mount.
Research has shown 2" lap belts work better and hans devices use 2" straps. Schroth makes a 2" 4 pt harness that prevents submarining. I put in 6 pt, with sub straps threaded between seat bottom and back.
Rick should invest in a hans device now. Some track groups (HOD) require a hans device when a harness is used. Comfort is important. Go to a race shop and get fitted. Each model fits different and the price points vary. I got a Schroth.
And flipping the head rest with a paper clip allows the helmet and hans to fit naturally.
The Simpson hybrid hans costs more than more than a regular hans and harnesses.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Yes, roll bar padding, and not the mushy stuff, the real race padding with high density foam. A good fire bottle is required now isn't it?
Most big clubs require a Hans now, PCA, BMW, etc.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Hey Ed, just ran 2 track days at Daytona in early April in my GT350. In the last session on the last day, I caught a rock thru the windshield just at the braking point heading into the Chicane on back stretch. Lesson is don't follow too close into that section because of all the rocks kicked up at both ends of the Chicano. I'll try to come out and see you if I can. Good luck and have fun. By the way I finally hit the 170mph club this last time out at Daytona. Got it several times at start finish line, makes braking to infield turn in real interesting.

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #467
Hey Ed, just ran 2 track days at Daytona in early April in my GT350. In the last session on the last day, I caught a rock thru the windshield just at the braking point heading into the Chicane on back stretch. Lesson is don't follow too close into that section because of all the rocks kicked up at both ends of the Chicano. I'll try to come out and see you if I can. Good luck and have fun. By the way I finally hit the 170mph club this last time out at Daytona. Got it several times at start finish line, makes braking to infield turn in real interesting.
Cool Wow the 170 Club i wont be in that club with my 01 thats for sure. Hope to see you there if you can make it. I am looking forward to this but just found out 40 cars in the group should be interesting thats for sure..

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
40 cars is a bunch. I had 36 in my group in early April and that is too many. After the first day of 5 - 30 minute sessions, I would wait until about 15 minutes into my session and wait for others to drop out and come in and for the rest to get separated by their talent level, then go out and be able to pretty much run flat out the last 15 minutes of the session.

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #469
The only work done at the shop this weekend was me washing the Lovebugs and track dirt off my Bullitt. Got to spend the day hanging out with Brian and driving some laps. We had a blast and no Agricultural experiences. we did kill some Lovebugs and my tires will need to be replaced soon. I will be changing the oil in the B and with new dipstick Per Lamotta Performance we will be running 6 qts in the Bullitts from now on.

·
Car Whisperer
20,722 Posts
looks like lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #471
looks like lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes it was a great time I am not sure how Brian felt being in the passenger seat but i don't think i scared him too much. it is very different not having control. that is probably the hardest part of instructing. I have been very lucky as there is a lot of run off and not a lot of concrete and so far had decent students.

·
Car Whisperer
20,722 Posts
and you have a lot of patience my friend which is critical in any teaching job.

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #474
Well Spent the day here at the house working on Victoria's 2010 Ford Fusion. Also got over to Matt's and helped him with the install of his Variable Timing Solenoid on his 2008 Bullitt. That makes 2 cam sensors, Alternator and now this solenoid. hopefully this is the end of his issue. While I was doing this Rick was over at the shop working on his son Thomas's 1994 Chevy pickup with a 350. I have attached another Video for your enjoyment. Let me know what you think, and please subscribe we have some cool things coming soon. one is a 1979 Trans Am. and the other is Orange and has an 01 on the side?

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Car Whisperer
20,722 Posts
busy as usual over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Car Whisperer
20,722 Posts
TimSpeed been a bit busy over this way here lately........

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #477
Spent the day at the shop got the exhaust and front suspension out. Rick will be cleaning up the frame and treating the rust. then Next week once more parts arrive we will start the reassemble... here is this weeks video..

·
Car Whisperer
20,722 Posts
looks like Christmas over there!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #479
Hello Everyone well we worked on the trans am today and got some stuff done. still got a ways to go till we get her all back together. need to clean up spindles and backing plates. We have been busy getting some repairs done around my house for the appraisal to refinance the house. As well as other items. here is this weeks video...

461 - 480 of 515 Posts