Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to check the tranny fluid in 2445 today, and found no plug to fill it up. Is there one? And if not, how would one fill it up?

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
There should be a plug near the top towards the rear. I just remove my shifter and fill it from the top,being careful not to spill. Much easier i believe.

·
Car Whisperer
21,577 Posts
DHGBULLITT said:
There should be a plug near the top towards the rear. I just remove my shifter and fill it from the top,being careful not to spill. Much easier i believe.
Ditto, much easier to fill from the top. Go to SVT Performance or the Mach 1 Registry and look for the sticky for CobraBob. He sells gaskets for the shifter so you don't have to use RTV to seal it back up and then you can change it even easier from then on.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After driving it tonight, I'm not sure I need fluid. I have never seen any leaks in the driveway, nor is the underside coated in tranny fluid (only gear oil from the rear end seal a few months ago).

It seems to want to grind when putting it into first, even from a stop. It won't grind if I put it into second and the first, so I am thinking cluch cable (I hope, anyway) or the syncros (I really hope not). Ideas anyone?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Mid Life Crisis #388 said:
Common 01 problem. Lowering the fill level to 3.2 quarts will help the most.
if I had a $1 for every time I heard this :)

excellent advise :)

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
installermarc said:
Anyone else for ideas?
Mid Life is correct. listen to him. There is a sticker to put on the tranny when Ford does the tsb. Fill line is a good bit lower than hole.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I had my transmission fluid checked, and it rushed out of the fill hole, so it must have been way over filled, drives much better now its at the suggested level, only thing now is grinding of 2nd when cold if I don't shift quick enough.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'm going to get the fluid changed in the am, and will tell the mechanic about the fill level. I just hope the syncros are not trashed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.